I finished the blue/purple/periwinkle tartelette scarf this morning, but since I don’t know how to bind off, I left it on the needles. I used 1 and ½ hanks, and I’m saving the other half for another project since I have a couple more hanks of this color. More than not knowing how to bind off, it was really bothering me that I didn’t know how to cast on, since this meant that I had to depend on someone else to not only end my projects but to start a new one. So I printed the instructions on how to cast on from the yarn company website and tried to figure it out. After I unsuccessfully tried and tried, Aaron came over to see if he could help, and together we learned how to cast on. I had a lot of trouble learning with the rust cubetto I bought yesterday, so I opened a ball of orange and white cotton yarn. It was good to learn with, nice and smooth, but as soon as I had a row, I decided I didn’t really like it that much and wish I hadn’t opened it. I then began the cubetto which I thought would be a birthday scarf for my sister, but as soon as I started I realized it was for me. I really like the tartellete and am proud of it, but the cubetto is the one that is truly beautiful and impressive.

1

2






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home