michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Yarn store is closed today (again!), and even though I had intended to wait to see if I could get another blue cubetto so I could alternate green malva/blue cubetto, I really just wanted to continue so I ditched that idea and decided to begin a panel of Manos del Uruguay stria in periwinkle. I originally bought that yarn to alternate with the orange yarn, but I think I have other ideas for that orange yarn, so I think this is a good way to pick up the bluish/periwinkle color that I think I see but more likely I am imagining in the blue cubetto. I just want to keep going to see how it will turn out, and I don’t want to wait.

Compared to the cubetto, the manos is so easy to work with and gentle on the hands. But it is so warm compared to the other yarns, so I’m wondering how likely this will get worn within the coming warmer months. I keep making quick decisions and then second guessing these decisions. I think I just have to trust that there’s a reason why I knit this way. The manos portion actually went so quickly that I was near finished with it by the end of the day. I decided to stop using it at that point because I kept thinking about it getting warmer and warmer, and I wanted to switch to a cooler yarn so I began the second ball of green malva.

Here are some pictures of my progress:


1

2

3 (from left: green malva, blue cubetto, blue manos stria, green malva)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home