1st Secret Pal package ready and out
I wanted to make sure that I got the 1st package out soon since we're going to be away off and on this summer. When I was at the post office, the woman behind the counter gave me a really hard time. Now, for whatever reason, the trip to the post office is rarely without incident (this mostly has to do with where I live, though I'm not going to get into it now), and this time was no exception. Though it's my first time being a secret pal, it's certainly not the first time a secret pal package has been sent. The woman behind the counter was insisting that I put my name on the package, and I tried to explain to her how that would ruin the whole point. That I was a SECRET pal, and that putting my name down would tell her who I am. She gave into that, but insisted on an address, and somehow I was worried that my name could be attached to my address (I forgot that the phone isn't in my name), and I blurted out my LANDLORD'S p.o. box! Once it was out, I couldn't say "oh that's really not my address" and so I just hope that my package gets there safely so I don't have to explain to my landlord.
I want to say what's in it, but of course I can't.
When I spoke to my sister today, she said she wants to be my secret pal, too, minus the secret part. So I'm going to try to get a package out to her and she to me. I have plenty of stuff around my house that I know that she'd like, and we agreed that would be the kind of stuff that we would send. I'm thinking of sending her this old pressed powder compact with lips on it and this jadeite ring holder with some buttons in it and...






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home