michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Stitch N Bitch, again

I guess if going to Stitch N Bitch becomes a normal thing for me I'll stop blogging about it as an event, but it's still pretty intimidating for me. I mean, it's fun, the people are nice, etc., I'm just not used to knitting and talking to people I don't know really well, though I want to get used to it. People also have their own people who they are already used to talking to, and well, you know, things take time. Though I'm already starting to see which people are potential buddies and what not. And others I see at the other end of the table and no contact is made. It's a hard table to work and I'm not one to work a table.

Tried to get help on the tank, but it didn't work out. Not that I didn't get any help at all, but mostly the advice was that I couldn't just wing it, I really should just follow the pattern since I already started with the pattern. You see, that is not how I operate. At all. I'm all about winging it. In all aspects of life. I'm not very bound by the rules of most things, so knitting by a pattern is something to get used to. Not that I'm running around doing crazy things, well, you know, you get the idea.

I took the camera, but I didn't take pictures. You know, I had this crazy idea that Debbie Stoller was going to show up because she posted to the yahoo site for the group and was looking for a crocheter. Like maybe she would come to the group to find one. And if she was there, well, it would make a good picture. I mean, I have the book.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robyn Wade said...

OMG! I can't believe how many posts you've added since I last checked. I am going to have to check your blog everyday now. Which tank are you working on?

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 8:24:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, I just realized that the email that was sent to me was a post to my blog! It's the ballerina top from Southwest Trading Company. This is the link click here.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Robyn Wade said...

No worries, I responded to your email with instructions for the neckline and straps, but my internet connection was going in and out last night so if you don't get the email please write me and I'll resend it. BTW, I love that pattern and I might add it to my list of patterns to do. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Thursday, July 07, 2005 7:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home