Moving past "the hump" and finishing the first side of the ballerina tank

This is the tank before I started the straps. It already seemed so long, so I took out the measuring tape to see how close I was to 14" (I knew I was past that, but I forgot by how much).

This is a close-up of the ribbing, and my fingers (which I'll admit are covering the hole I made in the beginning while performing the useful function of holding the tape measure). It measures 17 inches and it should measure 14 inches.

It's 21 inches wide at the bottom and top. It seems like it should be 18 inches for a 36 inch hip/bust. But I'm going to try not to worry about that now.

So this is it... so far. It's on the stitch markers, presumably for a "three needle bind off" that I'm supposed to do later (when I figure out what that is). The real reason, to me at least, that it is on the stitch markers is so I can play around with the length, knitting and unknitting until it's right.
I already had to do this a couple of times because I forgot to keep track of the rows on the first one, and each time I counted on the knitting, I would get the wrong number of stitches or the "v"s I would be counting would turn into upside down "v"s as my vision tends to blur. I knit 2 extra rows on one and then it looked off so I unknit one on the other side, and now it appears to be right and when I counted it seemed right. This is the first time I used stitch markers before. I'm glad I bought them, thinking that some day I might need them. I did.

This is how much of the "harvest" color I have left over. The second half is going to be in "apricot." Hopefully that will look nice, and I'll be able to choose which side to wear facing front depending on my mood. Special thanks to vegan knitter for helping me figure out how to keep going and giving me the encouragement to do so!






1 Comments:
I really like the yarn, it looks great.
Post a Comment
<< Home