michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Ooh some things I think I want to knit...next

Hmmm, I've been doing more thinking about knitting than actually knitting. I think I'm at some point, let's call it a hump, that I need to get over in order to really figure out how to knit. You know, "for real." I think that means that even if knit tank tops don't completely excite me, I know I'll be excited once I complete the tank top. Because then that means that I can actually figure out a pattern and make more things. Unfortunately, this scarf I'm working on is not motivating me enough to knit for long spells of time like the way other projects have (I'm thinking of the stole/shawl I made out of Southwest Trading Co. bamboo "fiesta," for example). I like the challenge of a harder project, even when I get overwhelmed by it.

You know, there is a knit tank top that excited me now that I think about it. There was a picture of it in the new Interweave Knits -- a tank-style shirt with a boa-scarf attached to it (if I remember correctly. I'm not going to get it right now). That excited me, though it was also kind of ridiculous. I like clothing like that. I also would like to make a scarf with all the Manos del Uruguay Stria that I have around. The colors are so beautiful -- pinks and limey greens and orange and red and minty. Maybe the scarf in Scarf Style with all the thin strips attached together?

I'd like to make the "one skein wonder" though I think I want to buy a new skein for it -- like something fancy and exciting (which I'm not doing right now so that I can have more money for travel). Speaking of which, we bought a new road atlas and a Pacific Northwest Adventure Guide. I like this book so far because its focus is more on budget travel, outdoorsy stuff, and camping rather than the best b & b to stay at (though I have in my mind that I would like to spend just one night in a vegan inn. Someday). I'm really excited to start planning, though I'm overwhelmed by how much I'd like to see and do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Thanks for the inspiration! (by the way, which tank/boa thing are you talking about? - I looked at my past few IK's including this fall's - and didn't see it - is it in a past issue?)

Friday, July 08, 2005 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Ok I've got the magazine now, and it's on p. 13 of the fall '05 interweave. I'm realizing now that it's a NY yarns advertisement pattern. You have to go to the website to get it, and the link is here. But, the boa is NOT attached like I thought, though I still think that would be really fun.

Is this my secret pal or someone else? Mystery!

Friday, July 08, 2005 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home