michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

I cast on for the second side

After we got home last night, I decided to work more on the blog. I've been wanting to transfer over all of my old posts to blogger, but the actual process is tedious. If I don't get it all done, I at least wanted to transfer the posts that I had corresponding pictures for. I finished this last night kind of late, though I'm still looking for completed pictures of "branching out" and the kerchief (though I could just take those now) and Nohemi's scarf (which I can't take a picture of until Nohemi comes back from Spain). Now that I'm making a tank top, it's interesting to look at some of these older projects. An earlier incarnation of my journal was called "variations on a rectangle" cause that was all I knew how to do.

Yesterday morning I was either going to go upstate for a party in the afternoon or go on the Brooklyn yarn crawl. I ended up doing neither of those things. Instead, I waited for the window cleaners! I was frustrated that we had to spend another Sat. morning just waiting around until we could leave (these appointments are always made for Saturdays), but we ended up getting a lot of stuff done. While I was waiting, I cast on for the second half of the ballerina tank top with the apricot knitpicks. It's a nice and shiny yarn, and I can notice that eve more with the solid color. We were talking a lot and I got kind of distracted and dropped stitches to the bottom, so I just ripped it out since I'm not good at rescuing dropped stitches that have gone lower than 1 row.

I realized that the hole I made in the other side of the tank was made at about this point, and it would have been easy to just rip and start over at that point, since I'm already past that point on the second try. Oh well. But it's still slow going, and I've got other plans today, so I don't think I'll get too much knitting done, but I'll try to fit some in and take a picture when I have more progress.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robyn Wade said...

Wow, I can't believe you took the time to add all of those entries, it is really amazing. Since you have more than a month of entries you can join the Knitting Blogs Web ring. Web rings will give you more hits to your site.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home