We are family! I've got all my cousins with me!
So, the Pacific Northwest has many things. Most recently, rain. But also, things I've already talked about like good neighbors and yummy food and a nice sweet pace and bumping into people everywhere. When people ask me why I moved here, they always wonder if I came out to Portland cause I have family here, but I don't. My sister's in Michigan (just bought my ticket to visit her when the baby comes!) and my parents are in New York. Sometimes, this bums me out.
But, my cousin David is going to grad school in Seattle! And I went up to see him while his sister, Lisa (also my cousin!) and her husband and daugher were in town! Cousintastic!

My bus pulled into Seattle in the early afternoon.

David was still in class and told me to meet him by 43rd and University Way. So I called him to tell him that I was in front of a restaurant with old flowershop signage, and then I noticed the sign: "100% vegan." My message quickly changed from "Meet me outside" to "I'll be inside getting food, I just realized I'm outside a vegan restaurant!" I got the food "to go," and they gave me two huge boxes to put as much food as I wanted inside! Oh my god, it was so good. Really really good.

We met up with Lisa, Chris, and my adorable little cousin and walked around "U Dub"

Here's the BMOC! I wanted to show this picture I took of him with his pockets all out and empty (I asked him to "look collegiate") but that picture isn't rotating

Aw, libraries are what I miss most about school.
After touring around, meeting up with Neena and hanging out in the park, we went to Pho Tran for vegan pho (!) and walked around some more. Came home, played scrabble, drank pumpkin ales, nice.

Next day we went to Pike Place Market

Some people think this kind of public display of cuteness shouldn't be legal, but luckily that ballot measure was narrowly defeated.

Lookit! A donut machine!
After walking around some more, we said goodbye so that my little cousin could take a nap and David could get some work done. Right when they dropped me off, I remembered that I left my Flowers leftovers at the house!!!! So bummed! There was a Pho place connected to the bus station (!) but I didn't really want Pho twice in a row. I check my messages and see that Stacey called. I call her back, tell her my predicament, and a few seconds later, she's directing me to lunch at Cyber Dogs! Thanks again, Stacey! I ate a lovely vegan hotdog while checking on my lovely internet friends in my last few minutes before I said goodbye to Seattle. I'll be back.






3 Comments:
what a fun day trip! how far of a bus ride is it?
mmmm, all those vegan treats make me hungry :)
how did i miss this post? are you not posting in order?
well, sounds like a fun (and yummy) trip to see the cuzzes.
ohmygosh, could that little munchkin with the yarn-y braids be any cuter? she even has stripey socks!?!
Post a Comment
<< Home