michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Friday, October 13, 2006

The Happy Days Theme Song

Monday,

Tuesday,

Happy Days!

Wednesday,

Thursday,

Happy Days!

Friday,

Saturday,

Happy Days!

Sunday!

What a Day!

Rockin' all week with you!


These days are ours . . .

Happy and Free

(Oh happy days)

These days are ours . . .

Come share them with me

(Oh baby)

Oh baby is right. Michelle came to visit from Monday to Friday. We hung out in Portland through Thursday, securing a special weekend car rental for Friday to go explore the coast. As soon as we woke up on Saturday again (after dropping her off at the airport early in the morning), we knew we wanted to take full advantage of the luxury of having a car, and so we did a bunch of errands and went to Mt. Tabor on Saturday and hiked in the Columbia River Gorge and visited Hood River on Sunday before driving to the airport late Sunday to pick up Aaron's brother, Anthony, and Kristen. (edit: Who am I kidding? I was sleeping by then. But Aaron thankfully wasn't and picked them up). We hung out Monday and Tuesday, and they left very early Wednesday. 9 days of houseguests and pleasure riding is both exhilirating and overwhelming. We spent most of Wednesday in hibernation. That was a doozy of a day.

It was, of course, completely worth it. So, who's next?

*Not wanting to steal her thunder or fire or whatever the expression is, I'll let Michelle tell the story of what we were up to in her post. And speaking of Michelle, known as "Mishka" only in the blogosphere, Aaron has taken to shortening "Michelle's friend Michelle" to "Michelle Michelle," which totally cracks me up.

Michelle and Michelle Michelle

p.s. Two posts in a week -- woh.

7 Comments:

Blogger mishka said...

aw - I miss you guys! I'm aiming to get my post up this weekend, hopefully. Going back to work after a vacation is always soul-crushing and energy-eating so I haven't had a chance to sit and give the post the attention it deserves.

Looks like you had lots of fun with aa's brother and his wife (they are the ones who were married, right?)!

Saturday, October 14, 2006 8:34:00 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

woh is right! what a crazy fun week!

Saturday, October 14, 2006 8:50:00 AM  
Blogger krissy said...

aww, i'm soooo jealous that michelle michelle (hee hee) got to come visit you two. it looks like you had an AMAZING time!! so happy for you guys....

your pictures are really great! i especially love the one at the end where the two michelles are standing on a foggy beach. absolutely beautiful!

Saturday, October 14, 2006 2:39:00 PM  
Blogger me said...

I see monkey earrings. =) teehee!! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun.

My fingers are still crossed for me coming up to Eugene for Thanksgiving week. In my dreams, E. from Cali and A. from England have already moved to Portland and we all get together at my pal Mischa's house for vegan thanksgiving and cow-petting (she has 2 rescues). Ah, it's good to dream.

Saturday, October 14, 2006 5:40:00 PM  
Blogger Ruthie said...

Michelle,

I think you are SO COOL!

I also am a vintage-loving vegan who moved across the country with her partner this summer. My hubby and I moved from TX to MT.

I also just took my first knitting class this weekend.

Oh! And we have the same baking rack. :)

I will be checking out your blog often.

Peace, see you on vegancookalong.

Ruthie

Saturday, October 14, 2006 11:39:00 PM  
Blogger vania said...

i'm jealous too that michelle michelle got to go! Yeah for you! i also love the song lyrics as a backdrop. And yea for you for posting more!

Sunday, October 15, 2006 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

ditto on that yay for michelle posting more often!

how cool that michellemichelle came to visit - looks like you two had a great time.

Monday, October 16, 2006 5:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home