Concrete Sea

"No one was meant to be
Living here in this concrete sea
Everyone including me
Wishes that we could be set free"*
Such a love/hate relationship with the city lately. Had such a wonderful day at the park yesterday, hanging out on the secret path through the legume trees. But the heat and humidity and tensions on the subway (everyone auditioning for the role of "NYC's next top crazy person") are definitely getting to me. In addition to the kinds of stuff I don't talk about here.
Sewing a little bit less, but I have been knitting. Dropped both socks entirely (for now) and am working steadily on Orangina, a pattern I bought quite a bit ago. Using bamboo yarn I bought even longer ago, in the lovely sea-breeze color ("azure"). Quiet the naysayers, this stuff is neat-o to work with. Gosh, I'd love a dip in the ocean right now.

The pattern instructions say to join the two pieces at the ribbing, seaming the sides but leaving room for the armpits and then seaming the shoulders. I figured, if I made the two pieces with enough room for my armpit holes and then joined them then, I'd only have to seam at the shoulders! I like that idea much better. Here it is, joined.

And here is a close-up of the pattern

I'd feel less funky if...

I had some "icecream" in the house to make these.
plus...

I miss Jenn

and I miss Stacey
Two friends leaving town the same month=major bummer.
But there are LOTS of other cool things going on, too. Keep having to remind myself of that. You know, I'm going to pick up some soy delicious decadent tonight. We've already got the newman o's=Rock! So simple things can still excite me....
This weekend, I might go to the Vegnic in prospect park. Anyone want to come with?
*This song was on a mixed cd that Jenn would play when I'd go to her apt. I like it a whole lot.






10 Comments:
You and I are SO on the same page with Orangina! Love the color you chose, looks very pretty. Yay!
If I could get my butt down to NYC, I'd be right there with you at Vegnic. How great that you live in a city where these things happen. And I love their "NO HACKEYSACKS!" rule. I'm pretty much anti-hackeysack :)
spin out is this saturday in CP! you should come! i'm just going to knit because i can't spin for crap.
Concrete sea . . . so true. You were meant to live with the trees! Mmmm, those ice cream drinks look divine. I'm really going to miss you!!
I'll go with you, just have to find someone to lend me the air fare! :o)
Sorry you're feeling down, hope you start to feel better soon, I've been thinking of you.
I'd come with Mishka if i could! I'm sorry to hear about your blue mood but those drinks would make my day. I love Stephanie's patterns, and that top you're knitting already looks fantastic!
hey, congrats on winning all of the contests! i'm so so sorry that you are feeing down now. the city really does cause emotional swings -- love the diversity, hate the parking, love the restaurants, hate the smell of garbage. let's get lunch again soon!
Summer in the city=multiple personality disorder. Love the cheery pretty dresses, hate the nasty rancid smells. Love icy cold beverages, hate the sweltering subway platforms.
But wow, your luck has been good lately! Hope it continues :)
Awwww
I was going to write something about the knitting and the especially complicated pattern and how you're made of magic, but, now I'm just going to say
I miss you, too
I wish I could go to vegnic with you, but, well, you know.
beautiful knitting!
Post a Comment
<< Home