michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Neckface=El Guapo? Knitta, please

Met up with Megan and her husband Sunday afternoon for lunch and drinks. Look what we noticed RIGHT after they left...

knitted graffitti outside Teany! This one had a tag that said it was done by "Knitta Please" (!) Cool to see, as I had only seen photos before. Anyone know other places in NYC to see some more?

Not knowing what we wanted to do next, we went for a walk

walking on delancey toward the williamsburg bridge

on the delancey foot bridge to East River Park


view of the manhattan bridge from the park


Other graffiti pictures you can see on my photopage, but for those who were curious about neckface from a few posts ago, lookee here:

Neck Face=El Guapo. Well that explains it!

While we were walking to the subway, I was really taken by the colors of the clouds though I'm not sure how well what I saw is represented here.



Today should be mostly uneventful, save for the season finale of 24.

Tomorrow on the other hand...well tomorrow is special.

p.s. If you're curious about the progress of my second sock, check out last week's post "Saturday in the Park," cause I'm at that exact same spot with the second sock.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Special?
SPECIAL HOW?

the all caps was an accident, but I'm going with it

Monday, May 22, 2006 6:51:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Oh, I had such a great time as always! Knitted graffiti?!? I'll have to check that out next time. And I know I've said this before, but I love your out-and-about posts. So fun.

And yes, you have me intrigued - what is tomorrow?

Monday, May 22, 2006 7:48:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

it's our anniversary!

Monday, May 22, 2006 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger vania said...

OH, happy anniversary! i was away for the long weekend and just read all your fabulous posts! You live in such a great city and have so much fun in it! I love the knitty graffiti!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:21:00 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

happy anniversary!!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:10:00 PM  
Blogger jae said...

i think i'd have to become a much faster knitter in order to be willing to tie it up around town.
wonderful concept though.

i'm going to save my congratulations till you blog about it... as i'm sure you will.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:29:00 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

happy anniversary! i did a little article about knitta please about three weeks ago, and i have some other photos that they sent me. i'll email them to you shortly!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home