Lilacs, Peonies, and Maples oh my




oh my!




oh my!
So you get the idea, yes? Such fun to go back to the New York Botanical Garden to see more of what we missed last week. Just north of Cherry Valley, the lilac, peony, and maple collections are so close to each other that we could spend a lot of time just in this small, northeast section of the park. And it was certainly the right time for peonies!
What is past its prime, as you probably don't need me to tell you, are the cherry blossoms.

Check out what this tree looked like last week.

And what this tree looked like last week. I'm really into going back to the same place twice and checking out how it changes though I don't do this as much as I'd like.
---
Knitfolk, please do check my last post if you haven't read it yet. It has _knitting_ in it. Socks! I'm kinda proud of that.






7 Comments:
Lilacs and Peonies! Oh my is right, i absolutely Love them - they're both in my 'top 5' list of fave flowers. we're just getting lilacs here, and peonies, oh i can't wait (i'll be having them all over the room for my celebration!)
lilacs, kansan cherry blossoms, and peonies are my very favorite flowers in the whole world. our cherry blossoms and lilacs are gone here in the "south" (compared to NY and toronto), but at least it's still peony season!
I need to get outside more! That purple lilac is AMAZING! And you mtach that pink peony with your pretty pink dress!
ooh, when i clicked on the picture of the lilacs (to make it bigger)...i swear i could almost smell them! why is it that fresh lilacs smell like heaven but lilac perfume smells so...um, "old lady"?
ps: i have no idea what happened to your other comment!? maybe you typed it out but forgot to "post"? anyhow, i've passed along your b-day wishes to paul.
you two are the cutest couple ever. i love that you spend so much time outside and take such lovely photos.
We have been going to the park/garden here each weekend, too.
Did A get a haircut?
Thanks for the lovely plant photos. I've gotta look into that tree book.
yep! AA cut off some of the front and I cut off the back! Mmm, when was this, Sunday morning? Kind of a haphazard quickie haircut but it helped lighten him up a bit (it was feeling too heavy).
Post a Comment
<< Home