michelleknits
My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
michelleknits
My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.
WIP
other vegans and knitters and vegan knitters
- Robyn
- Anna
- Atouria
- Carla
- Moira
- Jen
- Vania
- Ellie
- Mary Jessica
- Emily
- Alana
- Jennifer Shmoo
- another Emily
- Desiree
- Krissy
- Megan
- Carrie
- Jae
- Mishka
- Stacey
- Sarah
Blog Rings
The World of Vegan Yarn (a work in progress; 7/05, 10/05)
Knitting and Needlework Library
- Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook
- Scarf Style : Innovative to Traditional, 31 Inspirational Styles to Knit and Crochet
- Knitting School: A Complete Course
- Ponchos & Wraps: A Knitter's Dozen
- The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches
- Knitting Without Tears. This copy is from 1971.
- Vintage Knits: 30 Exquisite Vintage-Inspired Patterns for Cardigans, Twin Sets, Crewnecks and More
- Interweave Knits, Summer 2005
- Vogue Knitting, Spring/Summer 2005
- Interweave Knits, Fall 2005
- Vogue Knitting, Fall/Winter 2005
- Learn to Crochet
- The Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques
- Knitting Vintage Socks
- Knitting on the Road
- Folk Shawls
- The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns
- Vintage Styles for Today: More Than 50 Patterns to Knit and Crochet
- Mon Tricot Knitting Dictionary: Stitches Patterns (0D14)
- Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
- Kokoro no Te: Handmade Treasures from the Heart
- Colorful Stitchery: 65 Hot Embroidery Projects to Personalize Your Home
- Denyse Schmidt Quilts
- I'm looking for the perfect flower . . . in my sec...
- April Firsts
- Some things I loved about the last week of March
- Sad! Bummed! Boo!
- Do the Humpty Hump*
- Ah! Sweet Mystery of Life . . . (or tales from the...
- This Blogging Life: Part 2 (aka Jen Comes To Visit!)
- This Blogging Life
- Two wintery knits just in time for Spring
- Hump Day is Food Day
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from michelle c.. Make your own badge here.







16 Comments:
Wow! That looks awesome. Were you on the extra-special-slow 6? All winter long, I carried my knitting w/me, figuring it'd be good to have when the NJTransit stopped for no reason.
I am a subway knitter too :) About 45 minutes each way, so I can get a good chunk done. This week, I practiced making flowers.
What is this broad ripple going to be? It looks wonderful so far!
silly me - of course they're socks! I see the dpns now...
that yarn is gorgeous! and your work looks lovely already!
haiku!
just wanted to let you know i was paying attention
I always carry knitting projects with me on the subway too! I love the looks I get from other passengers when I use dpns.
knitting haiku!
socks in my handbag
so great for boring moments
cough drops stick to yarn
LOL - great haikus!!!
That color looks wonderful as it's knit up. Nice pattern, too!
When I think about all the subway knitting I didn't do because I didn't knit yet....
wanna know a little secret? i've got a fear of the subway stopping in the tunnel. i guess i'm a little claustrophobic. i'd need the knitting to help me relax and get my mind off the fact that WE'RE STUCK IN THE TUNNEL!!!
I love the colors of this! Have I mentioned how much I love your WIP sidebar!!!! It's so cool!
Wow, I love the colors! This is looking awesome!!!
BTW, blogger deleted my blog without any kind of warning, so watch out for them! :-X I'm at www.seh80.com now.
you've been tagged....by me. i hope you had a great week, and a super weekend!
I had a strange dream last night...
I was walking westward over the viaduct near my apartment (http://sankey.ca/d/images/oldphotos/side.jpg) with the boy and you were walking east. I saw you coming (your glasses were the big tip-off) and you didn't recognise me right away. It took a second, but then you realised who I was... we did a big "HI!!!" and then the dream fades...
funny.
ooh, we should reenact that some day... (!)
:D
Addressing your other comment... it *was* Mamoun's Falafel! The one thing I remember is that the one in Connecticut warmed their pita on the grill where they cook the meaty stuff... but we were told that they could microwave it instead. Don't know if it's the same as the NYC one. Let us know if/when you try it!
OO! Could you also let me know if they still sell shirts? The boy has stolen mine.
I'm by there all the time, so I can do the research! And if they have shirts, what size would ya want?
Post a Comment
<< Home