michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Do the Humpty Hump*

My answer to Harmonia's question from last week:

Caesar Salad! (dressing recipe from the "It's Only Natural" Cookbook; some lettuce leaves grilled [Jen's idea] until it smelled like I was going to set off the fire alarm [not used to grilling] so I stopped [tasted good and warm], tempeh cooked up with some spices (mustard seed, cumin, cayenne, chili, rosemary, garam masala, salt...)

My contribution to this week's Midweek Munchies:

Stuff in the fridge:
romaine lettuce (half a head or less)
brocolli (2/3 of a bunch)
parsley
cilantro
lemons
spinach
olives
cucumber
oranges
leftover caesar dressing
leftover salsa verde (might not still be fresh)
leftover pesto (needs to be chucked - the first time in a while I let that happen)
1 whole wheat naan

Not in the fridge but calling out to me:
golden and flame raisins
all those beans
grains

I really didn't eat the leafy greens as much as I wanted to, nor the grains. I ate out more and chose different types of things. Also, I didn't really plan out our shopping trips the way I sometimes like to do. Thinking I'll go to the store later and buy:

Bok choy
kale
boston lettuce
tomatoes
more fruit (especially grapes and/or berries if not too expensive)
garlic
celtic sea salt
not sure what else

This week's entries from the World Vegetarian project were especially good:


Cypriot Lima Bean Stew (p. 56-57)

Mock Lamb Curry (p. 505)

Sweet-and-Sour Toovar Dal (p. 87)

I'd really like to make one of those persian pilafs soon!

*as in "hump day" for those just tuning in

8 Comments:

Blogger Harmonia said...

Everything looks amazing! Great list, too!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

You grilled lettuce leaves?!? Never heard of that one before. That caesar salad looks yummy though. I'll have to get the report tonight ;)

Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

oh, they all look so good. lima bean stew and the curry especially. i'm so impressed.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I just ate, but I'm hungry again. I almost made the lima beans last night, but I decided on something else. But due to time constraints, we got pad thai instead.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 1:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the lima bean stew and curry look so yummy. i really have to get this cookbook!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Mmmmm, everything looks so tasty!

btw: the Millenium Cookbook seems to have a coconut milk vegan creme brulee recipe, but I'm not sure that's the one my friend used. I'll ask her and get back to you. :)

I love the Humpty Dance!

Friday, March 31, 2006 8:30:00 AM  
Blogger mishka said...

I must stop reading your blog first thing in the morning. It's making me hungrier :)

Friday, March 31, 2006 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'll have to look it up in Millenium (I should be getting ready now!) and Mishka, are you eating breakfast in the morning?! I'm going to go over there and make you some nice french toast -- stat (well, not stat, but next time I'm in Toronto!)

Friday, March 31, 2006 10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home