michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Two wintery knits just in time for Spring


First, a headband, based on the vintage popcorn headband, but I made up my own increases and decreases for a wider ear, garter edges, and a wave stitch cable! It's Blue Sky Organic Cotton and it's super lovely and soft. I'm going to make a bunch of different headbands, so get ready!


Second, a hat for my friend Paul and Meredith's son's first birthday. It's still cold up in Vermont I bet, so it should get some use. I used the earflap variation pattern of Kim's Hat from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. What was really cool was getting to use my mad picking up stitch skillz!

10 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

toasty!!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:56:00 PM  
Blogger mishka said...

I love the headband - I obtained a copy of the pattern after seeing your popcorn one. I'm just a wee bit sad* that winter is almost over because I won't get around to making one for a little while.

It looks great on you - and check you out, missy, with the wavy cables and stuff!


* only a wee bit!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:07:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

The headband is fantastic! And I do think there are many warm weather headband options too. And picking up stitches - look how much you've accomplished recently!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 4:31:00 PM  
Blogger Robyn Wade said...

You can never have too many headbands!

Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

hard to see the cables on my monitor, but it looks great. the hat is really good too. you are so far ahead of me in your knitting skillz considering we both started around the same time.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

hey, i saw on stacey's blog that you had a vegan cheese steak last week. did you ever buy the cheese steak slices from tofurkey? i just tried them on tuesday. they are kind of like "steak-um" if you recall that classy food from your pre-veg years. i sauteed a green pepper and some onion, melted two slices of tofutti mozzerella slices on the tofurkey steak-um, sprinkled it with salt, and ate on a sub roll smeared with veganaise. mmmmm, it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo delicious.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:19:00 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I'm also on a headband kick (and by that, I mean that I will buy pretty lightweight yarns to make headbands). Not the kind that keep ears warm, but the kind that will keep my helmet-molded (helmet-moulded for you canadians) hair looking halfway decent.

Unlike you, I haven't finished any yet.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:20:00 PM  
Blogger vania said...

great looking hats Michelle! that blue one is wonderful!

Saturday, March 25, 2006 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Hey Michelle, great blog! Your socks are coming along...woo hoo!

Anne-Marie

Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home