michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Assignment #27: Take a picture of the sun


Assignment #27 from Learning to Love You More, a cool project that collects public responses to assignments given by artists Miranda July and Harrell Fletcher. Jen told me about it after my public declaration of love for Miranda July cause she thought I'd enjoy it. I do!

The assignments involving photography are the ones I'm most drawn to right now, and I'm thinking of doing either #30 (Take a picture of strangers holding hands) or #11 (Photograph a scar and write about it). I probably won't do it, but I keep laughing when I think about #7 (Recreate 3 minutes of a Fresh Air interview). I only listen to Fresh Air in the summer when we rent a car, and I used to love to just turn to Aaron and say "This is frrrrrrresh air!"


I hung out with Jenn today. She's cute, yes? A man came up to us, asked us for directions to the subway, and then said to us "You know who's beautiful?" and then we looked at each other, wondering what he was going to say, and then he turned to her and said "She is beautiful." Later, he added, turning to me "You're like the man and she's like the woman." Thanks.

She had to run off to an appointment, and I found myself so close to Purl that I just had to go in. It's my favorite NYC yarn store now. Do you know that they're opening up a fabric store just a couple doors down? I took a look inside, and it was beautiful.


The whole subway ride home, I kept peeking in my bag.

[added later: Yep, Robyn, that's manos stria (sandwiched between 2 lovely skeins of blue sky cotton!)]

8 Comments:

Blogger me said...

Miranda July IS great! OMG, LTLYM has been going on since 2003! Wow. I think I'll get involved. Thanks for the link.

BTW - You've been commenting on my blog and I wanted to comment back, but your blog isn't listed in your profile so I couldn't find you. Someone else linked to you, that's how I found you finally. =\ I suppose I coulda just read the vegan knitters list....

Friday, March 10, 2006 6:15:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I just saw You, Me & Everyone We Know yesterday. I'm not yet sure if I'm in love with her or the film, but will let you know if I decide anything.

A few years ago, I drove cross country w/a friend and she swas the one who first pointed out to me that it's pronounced Fahrresh Air. Regardless, it used to be how I heard about all the movies I didn't see, books I didn't read and albums I didn't listen to.

Friday, March 10, 2006 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger Robyn Wade said...

Is that manos I see?

Friday, March 10, 2006 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

you're beautiful too! i can't believe that guy said that!

men in new york drive me nuts sometimes. my garbageman keeps harrassing me!

Friday, March 10, 2006 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Look at that beautiful yarn!! I must say this springy weather has put me in the mood for springy yarn.

And a few other tid bits:
1. The picture of Jenn is right in front of my old school - you can see it right behind her head.
2. I LOVE Fresh Air. Before I started working, I used to listen to it while cooking dinner every night.
3. A new Purl fabric store might be just what I need to pull that Singer out of the closet.
4. I've learned never to listen to weirdos on the street in NYC!

I can't wait to see what you make with your new yarn!

Friday, March 10, 2006 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger mishka said...

I just checked out Learning to Love You More and I think I may have to visit the site often... shake things up a wee it :)

And, I've said it before, but you are adorable.

Friday, March 10, 2006 8:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew that was Manos too.

I also think you are Adorable with a capital A. You should really submit that to overheardinnewyork.com Priceless!

Saturday, March 11, 2006 4:58:00 PM  
Blogger vania said...

i think you're beautiful too! what gives that guy the right to say 'you're the man and she's the woman.' i don't even understand what that means! and on IWD week too! Grr....
great yarn finds, though!

Sunday, March 12, 2006 1:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home