michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Love days

Our valentine's day was simple and lovely. Earlier in the day, I took a dress that I hated and wanted to give away and made it into a dress that I really like. What did I do? I cut 10 inches off of it and hemmed that baby up nice. I kind of can't believe that it took me so long to figure out that that's all that I needed to do. That and get a sewing machine, which by the way, it's been over 3 months and it's still love.



We went out to a new restaurant, Pukk, a vegetarian thai place on first avenue.


I ordered the special "love seed" salad


and a tom yum soup.

Aaron got red curry (I forgot to take a picture),


and we also shared a curry thai pancake.


I took a picture of myself in the bathroom because I wanted to remember how good I felt in that moment.


The boy.

After dinner, we walked around and stopped in two groceries, Dowel, for some Indian spices and vadai mix, and Commodities, for some fruits, vegetables, and other, well, commodities.


root-tastic!


First ave.


and at home

"Those who tell don't know, and those who know don't tell."

It was a very good day.

7 Comments:

Blogger mishka said...

aw. you look so happy and pretty. and the dress.... gorgeous! at least from the waist up :)

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:33:00 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

i'm so glad you had a great night! looks like a lot of fun. (and that food looks mighty tasty ...)

love the dress.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

i can't believe you didn't take a full length picture of the dress, so we can see your handiwork! you look very pretty though.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger Robyn Wade said...

It looks like you had an amazing night. Happy Valentine's day!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger vania said...

yeah, i want to see the full dress too! i love the top of it though, and great job hemming it! I love you all smiley like that on Vday! Looks like it was a good one. Here, i came home to candles, but not because J is romantic (though he is) but because our whole neighbourhood was out of power!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 11:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lookin' good!

Oh, that restaurant looks good. So many veggie and vegan places have opened up since we moved away, I'm jealous!!!

I have so many items of clothing that I'd really like if I could alter them. But alas, they wait in plastic tubs of off-season clothing (not that I have that many) for the day when we have a place big enough to have a sewing machine. My mom tried to buy me one for a present but, really, I have no place to store it! Or use it...

Thursday, February 16, 2006 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger krissy said...

glad you had such a fabulous valentine's day! you look so pretty and that dress you altered looks amazing!!

Friday, February 17, 2006 7:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home