It's an Orange Yarn Life, for us*
If you check the side bar, I finally added something new, and then made progress on it quickly. It's a super warm hat, started Monday night (the picture below was taken Tuesday morning, right before I finished the decreases). The details I want to add will take a bit longer, though. I'm making up the hat as I go along. Here I am fiddling with three different sets of 10 1/2 needles (a story in itself) cause I wasn't going to buy the dpns.

I bet the "socks on circulars" or the "magic loop" people could tell me other ways to do this. But it actually was pretty fast and painless, albeit awkward and funny to look at.
I've already made two ear warmers with ties to be sewn on the inside of the hat, and I plan on adding a flower and possibly a brim. I'd also like pom poms or tassles at either the top or the ties or both.
Here's a picture of me realizing I was going to run out of orange yarn (my finger is pointing to where one of the three strands of Blue Sky Cotton is about to run out), so I ripped back the first one that I had already bound off (funny, I never un-bound off before, though you probably know that's not a hard thing to do) and made the ties a little bit smaller.

Anyway, in other orange yarn news, here is a picture of Aaron wearing the orange tie. He just went out to show it off around town (or go look for used books, you decide).

And I met Megan last night! Of course, she's lovely.
*[Aaron sang this while I was working on the earflap ties.]






6 Comments:
You are so sweet! The tie looks great! I may have to try that one.
The hat should be ready to go for our next artic blast this weekend. But that triple circular needle thing looks pretty uncomfortable.
learn magic loop! it's wonderful! i guess i'm one of those "magic loop" people. : )
i also love orange. such a great color.
another handsome hat by harrison!
I love the colors on the hat. I too have fumbled with multiple needles rather than going out and buying dpns. It always works out okay even if it does look very awkward!
Love the pic of Aaron in his tie!
Wow - you're fast! You knit all that in one night? And the colous are great! I can't wait to see the finished piece :)
Post a Comment
<< Home