The Ginkgo Leaf That Grew From Concrete (and other works of art)

This past weekend we had houseguests -- T and Kristen -- and it was really fun. They wanted to go to the Met, and we had plans to meet George, Terry, and Rachel to see the Rauschenberg exhibit. The picture above is a ginkgo leaf impression in the concrete sidewalk on 82nd St, right across from the Met on the north side of the street.

It was crowded, as usual.
We couldn't take pictures of the Rauschenberg combines (which I really liked, minus the stuffed animals -- ergh!) But we went to the Modern Art, Prints and Lithographs, and Japanese Art sections and took a lot of pictures there, but here are some of them. We were tired by the time we got to Japanese Art. Hungry, too.



---
p.s. When I was at the Met, I saw the colored panels when you enter the Modern Art section and had a deja vu moment. Then I realized why.






4 Comments:
Ha!! I love it! The modern art section is the best because even on a crowded weekend there is *no one* there. And, not surprisingly, I've been wanted to see the Rauschenberg exhibit for a while too.
It's also funny you have a picture of yourself in front of the Andy Warhol picture. We visited the Warhol museum in Pittsburgh last year and took a whole series of pictures. I'll have to send you a link to the online album.
This looks like so much fun! I haven't done a gallery day in NYC in years. I think I might make a trip up this summer.
ooo.. the Met is a sore spot for me. Last time I was in NYC, we went, but too late. I only got to browse (at high speed, mind you) for about half an hour before it closed, while my then-partner grumped on the steps outside. Next time I go to NYC, though, I'll get there for sure. It's been about 3.5 years.. I am way past due for a trip :D
btw, Michelle, you are freaking adorable!
such cute photos. the argyle sweater is a great choice -- just adds another interesting element to the photo, you know?
i'll have to get myself over there and take a photo with the colorful paintings, too!
Post a Comment
<< Home