Death by Chocolate and Cheese*

Chocolate!

Cheese!!
Separate? Oh yeah. Together, a blow out of a Friday night spent on the couch, moaning and such. Do not eat too much cheese (even if it's fake) and then go and eat a mini chocolate pie. It's not going to turn out well.
I've been avoiding eating any of the rest, knowing that they're good but not being able to handle the associations.
If you want to go ahead and make some, it's easy. Based on the "Death By Chocolate" pie recipe from The Garden of Vegan, I halved the recipe, which means 1 cup of melted chocolate and a half a morinu soft tofu in the blender with some vanilla. Then firm it up in the fridge. This made 5 little pie cups. Perhaps I'll be ready to eat one by Monday.
And about the cheese, what was I thinking? Ok, melt a little on your pasta, but that's where it has to stop. I remember when I was younger, I would take a block of cheese (then real) and a slicer and sit down in front of the TV to watch Superior Court. By the end of the show, I would really have done a number on that cheese.
For a much cooler, cleaner tasting feeling that satisfies the craving for "creamy," I like to blend 2 frozen bananas, a handful of frozen berries, and a small amount of soymilk to create Frozen Banana-berry Cream!

[AA says "I am curious." I say "What about?" He says "I am curious why I'm always yellow.]
I have much better feelings about food when I look back on my entries in the World Vegetarian project for this week.

Tomato Sambal (p. 302) [to go with the Sri Lankan sweet potatoes from my last WV post]

Green Lettuce with a Korean Dressing (p. 631)

Green Bean and Potato Curry (p. 208) [this looks much better over rice]

Lentils in a Sauce (p. 64)
*I'll still always love Ween's album Chocolate and Cheese.






5 Comments:
Ween!!!!
Okay, that's all I got right now.
And, your food looks great and I like all your sticky-notes in the book.
mmm, chocolate pie.
ditto for me, Jen, mmmm chocolate pie!
I am very intrigued by the sambal.
Everything looks so yummy! Even the chocolate little pies. Mmmmm! I will remember the cheese & chocolate warning though!
Post a Comment
<< Home