michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Some things I loved about the last week of March

1. Getting to see Jasmin and eat my favorite Ethiopian food and discover a local-ish coffee house with a nice atmosphere.
2. Getting to hang out with Jenn in what I felt silly enough to dub the "chichi" section of Central Park (We're uptown girls in this way. Not in the Billy Joel sense of the term.)

3. Knitting on the head. I love to do this myself and see other people do this, too. Especially when it's my friends. You know how there are "knit in public" days? I'd like a "put your knitting on your head" day. A completed hat wouldn't count, of course.

4. Hanging out with Megan, eating babycakes, wishing Teany was opened, and then seeing that it was. Hooray! We'll definitely be meeting up there again.

5. Arty fridays with Stacey (this time we went to see an exhibit called A Perfect Fit: The Garment Industry and American Jewry from 1860-1960. And bagels outside and appetizers in the park and lunch and knitting at Kate's (pictured above).
6. Any time spent with Aaron
7. All kinds of things I can't say
8. Did I forget to talk about the weather?

and finally. . .
7. finishing my socks (the 1st one at home, the second with Stacey at Kate's) just in time from my 1 yr knit-versary! More details to come!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where's your favorite ethiopian food?

Saturday, April 01, 2006 11:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the sock!!!! I can't wait to see them modeled...

Sounds like you've had a fantastic March!

Saturday, April 01, 2006 5:51:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

All those things sound like fun!

I heard Teany was going to have reduced hours. Bummer.

Saturday, April 01, 2006 7:47:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Jess: re: ethiopian food -- It all depends on where I am. I'll take ethiopian food anytime, anywhere, though my favorite uptown one is Awash on Bway by 106th (there's also an Awash downtown on 6th St. by 1st Ave. that I think is associated with the uptown one). Meskerem, on Macdougal, is also really good.

What I really need to know, though, and if you know the answer, well, I LOVE YOU is: where can I buy pre-made injera?

Sunday, April 02, 2006 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Yay Teany! I've been dreaming about that Teany-chino . . .

Sunday, April 02, 2006 9:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home