michelleknits
My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.
Thursday, March 30, 2006
michelleknits
My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.
WIP
other vegans and knitters and vegan knitters
- Robyn
- Anna
- Atouria
- Carla
- Moira
- Jen
- Vania
- Ellie
- Mary Jessica
- Emily
- Alana
- Jennifer Shmoo
- another Emily
- Desiree
- Krissy
- Megan
- Carrie
- Jae
- Mishka
- Stacey
- Sarah
Blog Rings
The World of Vegan Yarn (a work in progress; 7/05, 10/05)
Knitting and Needlework Library
- Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook
- Scarf Style : Innovative to Traditional, 31 Inspirational Styles to Knit and Crochet
- Knitting School: A Complete Course
- Ponchos & Wraps: A Knitter's Dozen
- The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches
- Knitting Without Tears. This copy is from 1971.
- Vintage Knits: 30 Exquisite Vintage-Inspired Patterns for Cardigans, Twin Sets, Crewnecks and More
- Interweave Knits, Summer 2005
- Vogue Knitting, Spring/Summer 2005
- Interweave Knits, Fall 2005
- Vogue Knitting, Fall/Winter 2005
- Learn to Crochet
- The Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques
- Knitting Vintage Socks
- Knitting on the Road
- Folk Shawls
- The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns
- Vintage Styles for Today: More Than 50 Patterns to Knit and Crochet
- Mon Tricot Knitting Dictionary: Stitches Patterns (0D14)
- Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
- Kokoro no Te: Handmade Treasures from the Heart
- Colorful Stitchery: 65 Hot Embroidery Projects to Personalize Your Home
- Denyse Schmidt Quilts
- Do the Humpty Hump*
- Ah! Sweet Mystery of Life . . . (or tales from the...
- This Blogging Life: Part 2 (aka Jen Comes To Visit!)
- This Blogging Life
- Two wintery knits just in time for Spring
- Hump Day is Food Day
- For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
- Midweek Munchies (backdated, cause I can)
- Today . . . Cables, Tomorrow . . . The World!
- The Sock and I are no longer strangers
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from michelle c.. Make your own badge here.






6 Comments:
i think that they could have stayed in the market and made better money if they had had better hours and turnaround times. my husband tried to get a bday cake for me from there (he wanted to get one of their chocolate cakes and have some writing put on the top.. that's it) but they required at least a week's notice! and they weren't open late or on a saturday for pick up.
we had to go with a non-vegan cake and he was severely bummed.
Awww that sucks. :(
No big deal - anything they did, Babycakes does better.
oops, was that my out-loud voice?
That is too bad as my mother has celiac disease and finding a place where we can both eat something is hard...
that explanation doesn't really make sense to me. if they were doing so great as a small bakery, why didn't they just stay a small bakery? just because they had planned to become larger doesn't mean they HAVE to get larger.
but since i don't know what i'll be missing, i guess it doesn't matter to me! too bad for those of you who liked them though.
Megan's the one who told me about this yesterday, and I was really disappointed to see them go, but more frustrating was the explanation, which I agree, is kinda lame. Not that I want to call them lame, I like them. It's just one, why didn't they advertise themselves more to the vegan set (80% or more of their stuff is vegan) and two, what's wrong with small? And three, what WAS up with their hours? I wish I had never tasted one, cause then I wouldn't miss it. Babycakes might have the best cupcakes, but I loved loved their vanilla bean and mudslides! Wah!
I'll just have to figure out a way to replicate these tastes somehow. A nice excuse to work on my baking!
Post a Comment
<< Home