Never gonna give you up

We're no strangers to the library
You know the rules and so do I
I've renewed you three times and it's time to give you up
but I want to keep you for-ever and ever
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna run around and desert you
never gonna return you to the library
never gonna say goodbye
cause i'm gonna call you mine
for-ever
*I like the version of this song I sang for Aaron this morning a lot better, but now I can't really remember exactly how it went. This kind of thing is usually better performed off-the-cuff, delivered spontaneously as it comes while dancing around with the book. Yeah, a huge part of my brain is still stuck in the 80's, the good and the bad, but I think you knew that already.






10 Comments:
ok, that's hysterical. who knew rick astley (was that his name?) could be so silly?
Oh no!! And I've been enjoying your food shots so much ;) You know, I think it's available used on Amazon for pretty cheap - may be worth a look.
you would have loved the music where we went dancing last night! lots of eighties, disco, funk, mixed with sort of generic house techno. i danced my butt off, it was so fun!
i'm glad the library works for you (although it seems it'd work better for you in this instance if they let you keep madhur's book).
the library is no friend of mine though. i can never remember to bring the books back on time. i'm talking never. i always take out more books than i need, because it's the library and it's free, but then i get forgetful and it ends up costing me an arm and a leg. i have been known on more than one occassion to be asked to pay around $80 in late fees. i would have been better off to just buy 3 or 4 books.
do you think they'd have world vegetarian for cheap at the strand? (see, i know my used bookstores in any city!)
you know, my relationship to the library is mixed. i used to be TERRIBLE at returning library books, but i recently resolved to get better at it and have mostly succeeded. that said, i did have to pay a one day late fine on 2 of the 3 renewal days! and each time i knew the deadline was coming up but i was busy on that day and forgot until the library closed! and you guys are right, i should be checking for cheaper options like used bookstores and the like. i really just wanted to keep it, but i know the library doesn't work that way, and for that we're all better off! sometimes when i take a book out of my library i get my fill of it, but not in this case. for now, i'm going to cook some of the wv recipes i have memorized (red lentil soup and aloo gobi) and recipes from madhur jaffrey's world of the east -- a book i own! PLUS i still know how to make up my own (!) so i'll be ok. but still sad!
Let me call you Ricki! I hope you do find a used copy of that book soon, and i promise to look around as well; if only so that you don't go down 80's music memory lane again - Richard Marx maybe?
hold on to the night
hold on to the memories
i wish that i could give you something more...
hmm, richard marx doesn't do it for me. not like rick astley does, either! honestly, it was completely shocking to me when i burst out into that song this weekend. when i think 80s nostalgia, that song hadn't come to mind before!
but then i just thought about ANOTHER crazy 80s song this morning that also doesn't fit too much into the 80s nostalgia songs. _might_ post it later. what i think it is is that being a total kid of the 80s (entered hs in 1990) means liking/remembering the cool and the "not so cool" songs as well cause i wasn't exactly discriminating back then. i don't think my sister (6 yrs older) bopped around to rick astley in her late teens! you know what i put in my sixth grade autograph book as my "favorite song"? "naughty girls (need love too)"! but that was pretty short lived -- i think that month only (thankfully).
oh, vania, i love you for looking around for that book -- sweet!
oh, so sad when books you love have to go back to their library home. i'm sad for you but hope you and madhur are reunited in "used-book form" soon!
I haven't read blogs in a while, so I'm catching up. Man, that's funny! For some reason that song - well, Rick Astley's version - comes on in the grocery store every time I'm there and I can't help but sing and do the silly little dance he did in the video.
oh, the one where he kinda shoots his arm out while swinging his hips? ooh, i can't describe it but i know EXACTLY what you're talking about! that would be fun to see you do!
Post a Comment
<< Home