michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

"Piggies"


So of course it's fun to tell your child that "this little piggy went to market" and "this little piggy stayed home," but you know the game's gone too far when said child, asked to identify the different parts of her body, points to the end of her foot and calls them "piggies!" True story.

Just gotta watch that kitchener stitch video again (and finish the toe on the other sock!), and these piggies will be warm in no time!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful piggie covers! :)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 4:09:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

You're almost done! Oh my goodness, kitchener makes my eyes pop out. I'm going to try that video next time because trying to read instructions on that drives me bonkers!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 5:31:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

oh, they're done now! and i had to write back to say (especially for all of those that haven't done kitchener before) that i'm really thankful that i've never read a description of kitchener cause that must be why everyone thinks kitchener is the worst. all i've seen is this video, and i think it's kinda easy (not to be a kitchener braggart!) though i forgot it since last time so needed a refresher. i recommend the video 100%!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 6:18:00 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

lovely high socks! by the way, i'm not sure if you've heard of it but there's an etsy shop that sells a cotton sock yarn that has some stretch that grumperina says is to die for.

http://greenwoodfiberworks.etsy.com/

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 9:34:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

yep, i heard about it from grumperina, too. she was talking about vegan sock yarns around the same time as me and vegan ring member desiree sent her over here and we talked the vegan sock yarn talk and she raved about that stuff. and i won carrie's "guess my first project" contest, and that's the yarn i'm gonna get as my prize! i'll tell you about it when it comes...

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 9:49:00 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Don't you just LOVE Amy's videos? The socks are looking great!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:23:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We do This Little Piggy with Little One, but his little piggy has a veggie burger to eat rather than roast beef! lol

Socks look fab, and I don't think Kitchner is that hard either, I kind of enjoy it!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 4:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know someone who did the verse with her son but substituted Tofu for roast beef.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home