michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Second Sock Syndrome

Pronunciation: 'se-k&nd 'säk 'sin-"drOm
Function: noun
Definition: can't stop staring at second pair of socks




Pattern: Broadripple socks (though I've had about 5 different people ask me when they first look at them: "are those jaywalkers?")
Yarn: Cascade Fixation in hyacinth (2 balls, with leftovers)

12 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

bee-you-tee-ful!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

i love that wavy action at the top :)

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

love the color and, like gleek, the wavy top. nice work!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger mishka said...

wow, michelle. those are fabulous! congrats on your finished project - you should be very proud of yourself. yesindeedy.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 4:39:00 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Great looking socks!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:08:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Love them!!! I'm having some serious sock envy . . .

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 6:00:00 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Congrats, they look GREAT!!!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

they are so pretty! i love the scalloped edge at the top and the colour is amazing! i've always been curious though...do knitted socks fall down around the ankles? i just saw someone commented about sock yarn with elastic or something, which made me remember to ask.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger vania said...

they are absolutely stunning; i'm at a loss for words.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Wow! Those finished even better than they started - can't wait to see them real live.
I'm still away, should be back soon - much missing, many hugs, happy socking.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"jen said...

bee-you-tee-ful! "

This was THE very thing that came to my mind, pronunciation and all.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:33:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Those are terrific. I've thought about doing that pattern myself. And I love the color you chose.

Friday, May 19, 2006 9:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home