michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Friday, May 19, 2006

This Blogging Life: Part 3

As you might recall in the last episode of This Blogging Life, I wondered aloud about who I might meet next. Well, almost two months later, I finally met Carrie!

Gosh, she is even cuter in person than on her blog. I wanna add "don't ya think," but I guess you're not seeing her in person, either! You'll just have to trust me...

So we met up at Downtown Yarns on Ave. A cause Carrie was having a hankering for yarn for a new project, Ms. Marigold. Such a sweet vesty-top with ruffles at the shoulders. I might make it someday. If you've never gone to her blog before, do check it out, cause she's prolific as all get out, and I'm thinking she's probably halfway done with it already...hehe!

We ate lunch at the yummy Pukk, which means "vegetable" in thai, and it was such an incredibly yummy lunch, made extra nice by Carrie's bubbly and warm company. We had lots to talk about, and we're the same age, too (she turns 30 this month!), so she remembers what it was like to be a senior in high school when Kurt Cobain died! And other stuff that we talked about "off blog" (as I think it's funny to say).

It's kinda impossible for me to be so close to my favorite market and not stop by, so I took Carrie to Dowel's, spice and lentil market of champions. I picked up turmeric, black mustard seeds, spanish paprika, turkish lentils, besan (chickpea) flour, chana dal, and basmati rice.

And if good company and good food wasn't enough, I also got THIS!

It's hand-dyed cotton/lycra yarn from Greenwood Fiberworks. So cool. I won it through Carrie's blog contest (when I guessed that her first-ever knitting project was a bag), but since I couldn't knit with the wool she offered as the present, I got to pick out my own thing. I'm really excited about this yarn! Thanks again, Carrie!

So we ran out of time so quickly and Carrie had to head off to work, and she asked me what I was up to. "Um, I don't know."

Ok, so I was at 1st ave and 2nd street when she asked me. Where do you think I walked to?


Um, yep, the only thing that is not predictable about how this story ended was that I ordered the chocolate.


Taken at the Delancey Street station, posted mostly for AA's benefit, cause I think it's either new or I never noticed it before...neckface is really everywhere!

and I think this is the other side of the truck taken in this picture on this same street a month ago. I had other stuff on my mind when I took this picture (like icing!), so I forgot to look on the other side when I crossed the street, and when I remembered later, it was gone...

And what blogger will I meet next? Find out next time on . . .
This Blogging Life!

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Ha, when I read Carrie's post, I thought the only thing missing in your outing was a cupcake!! So I'm glad you got one. Looks like a super fun day! What are you going to make with that yarn? More socks? My green fixation socks are coming along . . .

Friday, May 19, 2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Fabulous color on the yarn. I want to make Ms. Marigold too, ho hum, so many projects, so little time.

Friday, May 19, 2006 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

man, i missed out on cupcakes! darn it! i knew something was off. thanks for all the compliments -- and love the neckface graffiti. that dude really is everywhere. hope the prom dress didn't totally traumatize you!

Friday, May 19, 2006 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger jae said...

you ladies and your babycakes!
i'm so curious to try them after all these mentions from you and megan - maybe i'll start up a babycakes of my own once i move to montreal. gotta find some way to pay the rent - writing's sure not gonna cut it.

Friday, May 19, 2006 2:36:00 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

sounds like a great day....mmmm, thai and cupcakes and yarn (too bad carrie missed out on that 2nd part). hey, maybe you'll meet a whole bunch of us toronto bloggers next!

Friday, May 19, 2006 3:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home