michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

There is no language in our lungs

We saw Giuliani Time at the Landmark Sunshine last night.

While the documentary was pretty good, the audience...well, they sucked. Their idea of watching a film without choosing sides involved hissing and hollering at everyone that came on the screen, no matter who they were or what they were saying. Nice, very nice, people. Another night of whispering to ourselves. And I can't say here what we were saying.

Though I can say that one of the best antidotes to our time at Giuliani Time came the next morning, watching Rudy Giuliani's guest appearance on Janet Reno's Dance Party!*



In this sketch, Janet Reno accuses Rudy Giuliani of being jealous of her. He denies it, and she says he has to prove it in the ring. They put on boxing gloves and start to box. Janet Reno knees Rudy Giuliani in the groin.

Rudy: Oh, you box dirty!
Janet: Then how comes my conscience is so clean?
Rudy: Alright Janet, you win...Janet Reno is the boss of me...

So I had started this on Saturday and never sent it to publish. But did you read/hear this morning (Monday) about how they "released" the president's ipod playlist? I laughed out loud when I saw that one of his favorites was also Janet Reno's dance favorite: My Sharona!

*It's on the second volume of Saturday Night Live: The Best of Will Ferrell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

One year, I named my fantasy football (or maybe if was baseball) team the Dancing Renos. It was a Will Ferrell theme.

I want to see that movie, but I probably won't

Monday, May 22, 2006 6:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home