anchor hypertext reference

I lost all my knitblog links! But luckily, I had an old copy of my template that I sent to Stephanie at the beginning of October, so the knitting links you see there are the ones I had up then. This gives me a good excuse to revamp the whole works (some day).
Hmmm, what has happened since I wrote last? Thursday, I met up with Megan and we did the usual "vegan district" thang. So lovely lovely purls is.
On Friday, I forgot to take pictures. But I knit with tons of folks. And met new ones! I've gotta do another episode of "This Blogging Life" for sure...
On Saturday, "knit in public" day, while all kinds of folks were out knitting in Central Park, the only knitting I did was on the subway to Williamsburg (where the first picture was taken). Wings, baby, wings!

Cause you might ask, yep that's another sock. A "jaywalker," supposedly (more on that later).
On Sunday, I got myself over to Central Park, this time not to knit but to go on a tree walk. It's always interesting to go to a place you've been going to for the longest time and then see things a lot differently when you're looking for the trees. We walked from Central Park West and 85th to Columbus Circle. There's still a lot more to see, of course. But when we got close to Whole Foods, we got hungry.

(Originally, we intended on going to Alley Pond Park, but once I took out the Queens bus map and realized it would take us about as long to go to JFK, we ditched it for a local plan. I bet it's not such a bad drive, though...)
In Central Park, we saw a bunch of london planes, dawn redwoods, american sycamore, english elm, hackberry, sweetgum, birch, etc. etc. Here are some pictures from the day:

becoming "one" with the cutleaf beech

hanging out on the beech...

amur corktree

wardrobe malfunction

what Aaron likes to call "chocoface"
Also saw two Altman movies this weekend: The Long Goodbye and California Split. Both real good.
I'm very behind on emails and all kinds of other things so if you're waiting to hear from me, you will soon!






9 Comments:
looks like you had a great and busy weekend! all that time in the trees is just so good for a new yorker's mental health :) i need to go to the park more often.
You always have such great adventures!
Love love love your stories of your NYC outings! I thought of you and your tree book this weekend . . . And looking forward to seeing you next weekend!
I *love* The Long Goodbye, and thinking of seeing Prarie Home Companion today...
Your surprize prize is ready! Shall I mail it or will you be at SNB on Tuesday?
I'd never have known there were so many different kinds of trees in NYC! I need to get to the park more, too. You guys always look so happy, frolicking with your trees!
When you are here, you may have to take your book to High Park and identify summa-doze trees! You have an email in your inbox from me *wink*
Where is this so-called vegan district??? I want to know about a place where I can close my eyes and spin around and wherever I stop, there will be veggie food and I don't have to ask if the soup has chicken stock...
hey mud -- check out this post. you've been around there, of course, and it's not going to change your life like it would if there really was such a place where you could close your eyes and have veggie food everywhere. that said, dumplings+cupcake+teanychino+knitting while ya drink=one very happy michelle. michelle heaven, in fact, so _you're_ in luck!
reading your blog always makes me think of this guy i once saw wearing a t-shirt that said "i'm blogging this".
i'm impressed that you remember to bring your camera with you so much of the time.
Post a Comment
<< Home