michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Picovoli Palare

The "Picovoli Palare"
was just silly slang
between me and the gals
in our gang
So bona to vada. Oh you.
Your lovely blog and
your lovely yarn...

Ok local folks, would you like to go in on a Knitpicks purchase with me?

I'd like to make the Picovoli (though maybe without the picots) out of 5 skeins of knitpicks shine sport (probably in turquoise. or hydrangea. or green apple. or grass...). That's going to run me $12.45. And I'm really into free shipping, but I don't want to buy more yarn to get it. So, whadda ya say? What should I order for *you*?

Oh, and this could actually work for Toronto types, as I plan on seeing the whole lot of you (hope I'm not missing anybody) early July. Whether you like it or not!

And anyone up for a Purl Patchwork adventure? I'd like to make more of this and that . . .

And apropos of not much, here's a picture of the risotto I made yesterday. I hadn't made risotto in a billion years and Aaron doesn't remember eating it, ever.

I didn't really follow a recipe, but I was inspired by the recipe for "Spring Vegetable Risotto" in The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen. It has carrots, broccoli, and mustard greens in it (in addition to salt and spices, etc.) The broth I used to cook it was actually bean cooking liquid from cooked chana dal, and that worked out nice.

-----
*"You" should be someone that I know or kinda know. You should also be someone who intends on paying me for the yarn you order! Thanks.

4 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

mmmm, risotto.. i love it when KP makes it because he puts in whiskey and LIGHTS IT ON FIRE!! flaming vegan risotto. doesn't get any better :)

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 1:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle-

It's Helen (Stripy Sock Sister) here. Can you email me please on:

helen@stripysockstudio.com

I had to get rid of my Flickr acct so can't contact you via there.

Cheers babe,
H xx

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger vania said...

Michelle, i can't believe i didn't notice you are coming in early July! When?!! if you're here July 15, you have to come and party with us! I hope you're not here July 1-4 weekend, cuz i'll be in PEI for a wedding. How exciting that you're coming!

ps i might be interested in this purlthing...

Friday, June 09, 2006 1:58:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

hey! I missed that Tornto bit too, I was wrapped up in all your nice photos. Yes yes yes, let's meet and do something vegan and/or crafty!

Monday, June 12, 2006 1:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home