The renegade who had it made*

So despite my efforts to get out-of-townies to come visit and join me in the joy that is the Renegade Craft Fair, I still had a great time. All told, I met up with quite a large group of "stone cold crafters" (This is the slogan I came up with yesterday after seeing so many different ones blazoned on shirts and pins and bags galore. And while we're in the parentheses, I'll add that the pins I bought are missing from the picture of my loot cause they're gifts and sometimes that element of surprise is nice. Don't know if you can tell from the picture, but that's fuzzy polkadot fabrics in greens and blues, cotton mulitcolor polkadots, "What's My Sign?" and women in kimonos. Love.)
It was really fun to hang out in such a large group and spend more time with these lovely ladies.
Met with Carrie for brunch at Bliss. Sandra called us and we met up and stopped by Dear Birthday. Sandra bought a great shirt from them, and I marched right up to the bonnets and tried some on. Liked them all, but decided on the green. Might add some trim to perk it up, but we'll see. It's definitely my "fad classic," my color-of-the-moment.
At the gate at one, joined up with everyone else (except Megan, who came later). A large posse, we split up and came back together throughout the day.

Here's Megan with some bobby pins.

Veronique at reprodepot

Veronique and Stephanie (also getting in on the reprodepot action)

Carrie and Sandra

Lisa, Kaitlyn with baby MJ, and Katie

Nancy, Marie and E

Jessica, posing with a cabbage (purchased from My Paper Crane) like we saw in her Japanese style magazine.
I love Heidy and was so happy to see her again, and of course I wanted to buy something from her. Wanted one of her plush tree stumps, but all of them were very sad. But she agreed to make me a happy stump. Hooray!

checking out the loot

exhausted
Didn't get a picture of Virginia and hardly saw her at all, but she was there. Hope to see more of you next time!
Then a bunch of us moved on to lunch at Surf Bar. Got a spinach and strawberry salad and a corona. Nice. And drank tons of water cause I was a little dehydrated and much beat.
Time to kill before AA met me for dinner and still much time for fun to be had, headed back to the fair with Veronique, Jessica, and Nancy. Really, I was just joining them. Out for a walk, really. But oops, I bought another shirt. Did not intend to do that. But it might be my favorite purchase of the day. Well, second to my bonnet! And it's yellow and GREEN.
Almost immediately after Nancy left me for the subway, AA arrived, so we went to The Read (cafe/bookshop) since I had no energy to explore the waterfront development (our earlier plan). I kept saying how I felt like "the day after" and the day after looks a little like this:

*The jig is up, the news is out
they finally found me
The renegade who had it made
retrieved for a bounty... --Styx






17 Comments:
It was great to hang out with you at the Fair on Saturday. I'm glad we went when we did - it's hot today!!
man, it was hot. had a great time at the fair. so glad to have been able to spend some time with ya! :D
Oh that bonnet is soooo cute! And the matching yellow and green shirt, too!
I'm looking at the fair website - oh, why won't they come to SF!!!
I'm lovin' that bonnet too! I had Holly Hobby stuff when I was little, she has a blue hat like that. Keeps the sun off your face!
What a fun day you had, wish I'd been there!
Great pictures! I almost didn't take any...
I think we may have gotten our t-shirts at Whodini. www.whodinihandmade.com
Does that name ring a bell?
oh my. the BONNET. I love it so, so much. Sounds like such a fun and exhausting time, and I would have loved to be able to head down there to join in the Renegade. Maybe another year. The stuff you picked up is absolutely fantastic. Enjoy your loot!
Yay for the Renegade Craft Fair! It was so much fun hanging out with you and overspending, 2 years in a row! And I love your fabrics--how did I miss those?
Such a fun time! You know, I wasn't so sure about the bonnet when I first heard about it, but seeing it on you I've decided it is the cutest thing EVER! And definitely a good move with the yellow and green shirt purchase - where the heck did you find that one? And can't wait to see the happy stump.
when did you get those other t-shirts? i didn't see the yellow and green one. please send me a link. it's too cute! i had such a great time.
oooh, i see you wrote about the renegade craft fair!! i'm too sleepy to read it tonight but i will be back tomorrow to see how it was. i'm actually here because i just got your comment on my blog. so funny...there must have been some crazy psychic connection thing happening because i think i was emailing you when you posted that on my blog! you know what they say about "great minds...."! hee hee
Man, I'm totally regretting not buying a bonnet now. I might have to get one over at valerie's site when she returns back home. Damn, why did you have to look so damn cute in yours!? :P
LOVE the pictures!!! and that bonnet. it's SO you, michelle. it was a great time hanging out on saturday. when i got home, i was so dirty and beat that KP thought i looked kind of pathetic :) i managed to perk up though looking over my purchases!
good times.
oh my gosh, i'm SOOOOOO jealous! the renegade fair looks incredible! why oh why couldn't it have been on in july when i'm there?! (sob!) it looks like you had an absolute blast! and that loot...omg, such amazing stuff! i am in love with that yellow & green shirt...and the bonnet is so you! it's totally adorable!
good loot.
and i love styx!
i love your breakdown of your day at the fair. now i really wish i could have gone. 150 vendors puts shame to our usual 20! and i love what you got. that bonnet is divine, and i can't wait to see the yellow and green top in action!
What a fun day!! Yout got some really cute stuff. It was great meeting you at the Point on Friday and briefly at Renegade.
Sorry, the last comment was from me!
Post a Comment
<< Home