The Melody of a Fallen Tree
This is the shirt I was wearing today. As you know, I love les arbres!

Aaron's brother, Anthony (see last post) has a friend Dan who is the frontman for a band we like, Windsor for the Derby.
Last night, we were talking with Vanessa about seeing Marie Antoinette when it comes out, the new Sofia Coppola movie.
Marie Antoinette will feature one of my favorite Windsor songs, "The Melody of a Fallen Tree."
Here is a picture of Buffalo taken a couple days ago.

Anthony took that picture. He still lives there. Coming back to that must have been a shock.
When I was in Buffalo, I didn't appreciate the trees so much. I wasn't into trees.
When I was in Buffalo, I was too busy writing poems and making out with Aaron.

I'm still making out with Aaron and still writing the occasional poem, but now Aaron's not the only one I'm hugging.

(after this picture was taken, Aaron said, "Are you trying to make me jealous?" I look cold and way intense here. I remember I was thinking really hard about something, but now I'm not sure what.)

Aaron and the trees

The falling of leaves is so natural and beautiful, we were wondering what was going on here. Megan telling me the leaf-peeping season is "post peak" in Vermont, and us looking around and saying "Where are all the leaves?" My second favorite pasttime next to hugging trees is stomping in the leaves!

So many of our trees are evergreens. Are these Douglas Firs? All the time, I look up and think of Twin Peaks.
The falling of the trees in Buffalo is so strange and scary. Trees freezing and falling with their leaves still on. Read here.
Today, I see even more color on the trees, an interesting display of color that is so much more subtle here, still with some green in the leaves.

(young "friends of trees," taken on Alberta St., just after eating a vegi-chili dog made by Indi)
I plan to go out and appreciate our trees even more, especially our oldest trees, as Buffalo lost so many of them just in a day.
"For arbres
unknown..."






10 Comments:
"are you trying to make me jealous?" :)
hahahah, that AA is one sassy guy.
Love the mustache!
yeah, that's one of the first pictures i ever took of aaron, taken about a month into our relationship. he wanted to shave it off. and i _didn't_ want him to! (haha) so we took a picture right before we did it. he's 21 there!
you look so cozy in your fall pictures! isn't that crazy-weird about the storm in buffalo?! our principal came on the p.a. on friday and announced that buffalo had received 60cm on snow! even though we're so close, we somehow managed to avoid it. i'm always sad when trees get hurt in big storms like that.
Oh, Michelle, this is a lovely, lovely post. I am so conscious of the trees now too, and I love seeing the progression of the seasons. We seem to be sharing a lot of the same "tree activities" recently (though not together, boo) - hiking, stomping in the leaves, and today we raked the dead, brown, fallen leaves in our yard. The color is all gone, that's for sure, though we did catch a last glimpse of it yesterday on a drive through the Lake Champlain islands (before a very tasty dinner at Five Spice Cafe!) So glad to see you back on the blog! Miss you!
I also love the porn-star 'stache picture of Aaron
happy fall tree season
miss you
Girl, you are on a blogging roll!
I'm dying to see Marie Antoinette too. Oh, and Aaron's pic seems to come from another era! Hee hee :)
Well you're definitely making me jealous. I miss fall and the changing of the leaves. We don't really get that so much here in Austin. But it was my favorite time of year in Pennsylvania. Thanks for the lovely pictures!
i'm quite excited about marie antoinette as well. i'm really digging the soundtrack these. wish you were back in new york to see it with me!
i'm currently in the midst of watching a "twin peaks" marathon with the boyfriend. i've never watched the show before, if you can believe it! I was like 10 years old when it first aired. it's so awesome. can't wait to find out who killed that Laura Palmer. . .
sandra, i wasn't watching them when they came out either (my dad was really into it, though, which made me kind of suspect it cause i was at "that age"), but i watched them all in a big twin peaks marathon, too (about 6 years ago). good times. swaying trees like those totally give me the heebies (but in a good way!)
boo for not getting to see marie antoinette with you and veronique!
Post a Comment
<< Home