Halloweekend
I got back from Seattle on Saturday night and went straight to the vegany meetup. Bay Leaf! We spent a lot of Sunday morning indoors. Nice. When I finally ventured out to the coop to get my pumpkin for the neighborhood pumpkin carving party Sunday night, I only found cooking pumpkins. I was just about to give up and buy a tiny sugar pumpkin, when one of my favorite farmers from the Alberta Farmer's Market pulls up to the coop with a ton of pumpkins! I picked out two and we were all set! It was also nice to see him since I got used to seeing him every weekend during the summer and early fall.
At the party there was the yummiest cider and roasted pumpkin seeds and much carving.



Here I am carving my pumpkin

I particularly liked the shape of Livy's pumpkin

Before the awards ceremony we lined up all the pumpkins. AA and I won handpicked apples!

mine was awarded Friendliest Pumpkin!

AA's pumpkin got a complicated award: "Scariest/Pig-faced/Comb-mouth Pumpkin" (!!)
The next day we went to Ross's Halloween skate party! Skating was a blast. No one ran into me, and Aaron skated a ton!

with Dani, Zoe, and Emily

Dj nurse becomes Amelia Earhart

Ross's stegasaurus costume was my favorite

life and death getting cozy
Actual Halloween night, we ate soup, put on The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari and Nosferatu: Phanto der Nacht, and waited for trick-or-treaters to come. I fell asleep in the middle of Nosferatu, and that was it!






9 Comments:
Hi!
Given that you are a Donald Sutherland fan, may I recommend: "An American Haunting"...with Donald Sutherland and Sissy Spacek. Have you seen it?
It's not at all what you would expect but it was relatively scary :^0...
looks like a great time! i love the pumpkins :)
What a great weekend you had - i love all the jack-o-lanterns, and yours sure is friendly! I have to check out this films, they sound like classics.
Looks like you had tons of fun. I love AA's award!
fun fun! i love both your awards. i wish we had a roller rink, our last one closed.
are we going to hear about seattle?
How am I not surprised you won friendliest pumpkin?! We have a favorite pumpkin farmer too - Farmer Tom, who also has the best delicata squash! Farmers' markets are over now though, so I'm kind of bummed. Your Halloween sounds super, nice and cozy. Miss you!
of course you won friendliest pumpkin! what a darling ghourd! and, as jon said of aaron's award, "well, it certainly is accurate!"
I love your pleasant pumkin! And I must confess that I'm a bit jealous of your halloween skate party - I'd love to do that next year.
What awesome pumpkins! All of the kids here were scared of ours--we needed a Friendliest Pumpkin, I think.
Post a Comment
<< Home