michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanks

So there were tons of things going on right in Portland for Thanksgiving that I didn’t have to feel sad about not having the money to leave town.* What I found the most touching is how people really reached out to us, knowing how far away from home we are, and really wanting to make sure we didn’t celebrate Thanksgiving alone. In the end, it was probably one of the most overwhelming Thanksgivings ever, with way more to do than could possible be done.

Joanna's pre-thanksgiving potluck was crazy yummy and fun

and the Northwest Veg potluck was abundant with way more food than one could ever possibly eat.

I think I'm still full from Sunday!

Thanksgiving eve, we had a tofurkey feast at Sara and Ben's!
(I left my camera at home, so no pictures!!!)

On the real Thanksgiving day, there were parties happening at three houses on my block (“the cottage,” “the expansion mansion,” and “the stitch house”), a vegan craftacular thanksgiving at Jen’s (see my photo page for all the yummy food!), and then the happenings I didn’t get to go to: Blue’s place, Sara and Ben’s old housemate’s, Kim’s for dessert, and a potluck that Sare and Zoe were heading out to called “Rad America.” I did a google search for “Rad America” this morning to see if their friend Noelle was “out there,” since someone who spreads the gospel of “rad” is someone I really need to meet, and I found this quote, which sums up exactly how I feel about it all:

One of the things we focused on was making your one square foot totally tight. It's just the idea that there are a lot of things done in the name of our country that we don't want to be a part of, and sometimes it's hard to be proud of being an American. But you can make the space that you personally occupy however you want it to be, no matter where you are. If each one of us makes the square foot we occupy totally tight, eventually there will be that one person that shifts the tides and all of America will be rad again.”

Until then . . .

I hope that you all made the most out of the holiday and had a lovely (and rad) thanksgiving!
xoxo

*Especially since I get to see an even BIGGER family in less than a month! Yay little niece!


edited to add:
You Are The Stuffing

You're complicated and complex, yet all your pieces fit together.
People miss you if you're gone - but they're not sure why.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Happy Thanksgiving Michelle!

Saturday, November 25, 2006 8:58:00 PM  
Blogger me said...

Hey, Michelle, I'm stuffing too! =)

Sunday, November 26, 2006 5:41:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

rad!

Sunday, November 26, 2006 9:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great thanksgiving! :)

and yes, you are totally stuffing!

Monday, November 27, 2006 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

Your Thanksgiving (and your neighborhood) sound great!!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

you had like the opposite thanksgiving i did! i'm glad you enjoyed yours, as i enjoyed my lack of thanksgiving.

remind me to tell you about my thoughts on "one square foot" of america if i don't blog about it soon.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 9:54:00 AM  
Blogger krissy said...

stuffing is my most favourite part of thanksgiving dinner. i think that description fits you perfectly. ps: glad they didn't tell you that you were the turkey. hee hee

Saturday, December 09, 2006 12:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home