Secret Pal Package!
On Saturday I received a package slip, and I was anxiously waiting for today so that I could go and pick it up at the post office. It was my 1st secret pal package! Now I signed up late for secret pal, but I'm really glad I did, because it is really such a sweet thing. I'm pretty sure that Aaron packed our camera already, so pictures will have to wait until we get back from the Pacific Northwest! But I can tell you what my lovely secret pal sent me.
She sent: 5 (5!) skeins of orange/pink yarn with black thread. I don't know what fiber this is nor do I know the brand, but it is really pretty!, 2 packages of sculpey (for my polymer clay obsession) in purple and yellow, a big container of glass beads, a lavendar candle, and a copy of Interweave Knits. Thanks Secret Pal! I love everything that you picked out for me!
I'm rushing to get ready so I'm not going to write much more, other than to say that these last couple of days have been like a birthday -- my parents bought me Last Minute Knitted Gifts, and I'm already excited to try out some of these patterns. I ended up losing some will power and bought some Mission Falls cotton that is discontinued for making hats that I saw in the book. Then I bought more banana yarn, and I have no real justification for that other than it was a beautiful shade of pink/purple.
Before I leave, I'm going to try to become a member of RAOK, but because I am such a tech-phobe sometimes, we'll see if I actually can get the code in my blog.
See (ha!) you in three weeks!






2 Comments:
The yarn is cotton... :) glad you liked it!
Snail mail is awesome! Time flies, eh...it's August tomorrow. Hope you're having a nice time!
Post a Comment
<< Home