michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

I've been up to something

I haven't posted in a little bit, but I have been busy. Busy with what, you ask? Well, take a look...


In a lovely shade of magenta


No, they call it "cerise," dahling


p1k1 ribbing started it all


a right armhole


and a left armhole emerged in the Port Authority Bus Terminal while we were waiting...


for the bus to catch up with family, where this right shoulder


and slightly awkward left shoulder were formed over guacamole and chips, eggplant dip, veggie pockets, stuffing, vegetables, and more food than I can possibly remember. So, what am I getting at. What's the big news? I finally settled on a needle size (3!) and think I'm as close to gauge as I'm ever gonna get on...


the back of the Vintage Knits Cardigan!

And,
before I rip it, I want to say a few words about my first try at the back of this sweater. You were soft (perhaps even softer than my current sweater), you were well liked by all who met you, and you would have been cozy in your oversized loveliness. But alas, in my quest to see if I could actually follow a pattern and make gauge, if only just for argument's sake that I could do it (and the hope of having something that really fits me), I have to put you aside. Know that you will become a part of the current sweater, loved equally if not more so, in your reincarnation than you were in this life. Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

That's so sad! ;) She did look beautiful.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can't belive you knit all that and then ripped it! I *hate* ripping, I'll do anything I can to avoid it! lol

Great colour though, that'll brighten up a winter's day!

Thursday, October 06, 2005 11:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home