michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Update:

I started the second legwarmer a couple of days ago, and it's moving along quickly. I should be done by the weekend if I keep up my subway knitting, I think.

I decided to hold off on the short sleeved sweater until spring cause it's going to get cold soon and a small gauge sweater is not something i can really rush. I'm going to start the long sleeved button down from Vintage Knits instead, and when I'm done with the legwarmers, I'm going to start trying to figure out how to decipher the clapotis pattern. I haven't even checked knitting help -- that's how tired and out of it I have been once I get home from work.

The sewing class I was looking forward to didn't happen cause the location was different than I thought, so I'm hoping to get my money back and do a swap with a friend -- sewing for knitting. Sounds good, right? I need to just get on a machine and try it.

Work is "eh." Going out of my way not to make waves, everything is "whatever you think is best," seeing how well that will work and for how long. The kids are fun but overly rambunctious at times and I get tired out easily. I keep mentioning tired, hmm.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad I could help with the cookie tip!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

i think finishing the leg warmers make more sense right now. i have commercially-made leg warmers and i wore them ALL THE TIME last winter. especially if you wear skirts and take public transportation, leg warmers are as essential as having a coat and hat.

i tried knitting myself a pair early in my knitting career, but they didn't come out very good(they slouch down like old lady nylons), so i think i'm going to try again. let me know if you like the calmer for the legwarmers and maybe i'll get some and copy you.

Friday, September 23, 2005 11:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home