Small needles, big projects
So, after seeing Broken Flowers (urgh, really annoying "He's having a really important realization so let's have the camera swoop around his head to make like the world is moving while he's standing still" at the end shot, etc.), we walked to Purl. It was packed with people, and after Aaron went to get a drink of water, he planted himself on the "boyfriend bench" outside, and I proceeded to find the needles I needed.
I felt really good about just going to the needles and not getting lost in the yarn. I mean, I have enough yarn for the two Vintage Knits projects in addition to all kinds of other stuff. I cancelled my bank card because I left it at a store and they were "not sure" if they found it and said they would "call me tomorrow" so I don't have too much free-flowing funds. I had all kinds of needles in my hands, though, and I had to say "Chill out -- you need 2s and 3s for the wavy sweater and 3s and 6s for the long sleeve sweater and you have 6s so why are you looking at/thinking of buyings 1s and 4s, too?" So, I had to put them back since I don't need them right now, even though it would be great to have those sizes.
At the register they had gorgeous buttons that were handblown glass, and I was thinking some of them would be beautiful on the long sleeve button down, but then I saw that they were $7 each! Umm, I think I need 9 buttons for that sweater. I'm actually thinking that within my own crafty stash there should be what I need. I'd like to use older buttons, anyway.
Just a little knitting on the subway to the Bronx, all kinds of subway delays, a great time at the party until Aaron and co-worker insisted on staying longer to drink and eat cake, an embarrasingly public blow up involving one of my co-workers and I (mostly brought on by he having too much to drink), and last but not least, Aaron having too much rum and throwing up when we got home rounded out the evening. I'm drinking the hangover cure that I concocted last night that he wasn't interested in touching cause he couldn't keep stuff down. It has slippery elm (for stomach acid), chamomile (calms the system), citrus tea with vitamin c (rejuventate), and detox tea (um, to detox). Even with all the apologizing and everything you know that those are the kinds of evenings that change things (I'm talking about my co-worker, not Aaron. Aaron's going to try to stay away from rum which he says his body interprets as "poison.")
Hoping to get myself centered and calm by starting new projects and spending our time relaxing. I hope to knit a little, walk around the park a little, and take a nap. Though, I really need to work more on my teaching schedule for the year, particularly for the film elective I teach, so that looms large, too.






2 Comments:
I buy needles a few at a time. Have you looked at handknitting.com? Lots and lots of sizes and good prices, and they have a sale on all September. I LOVE their bamboo needles!
Sorry about the bad evening, it's horrid when stuff goes wrong!
Sorry to hear about the blow up... but good will come of it. At least things are on the table right?
We missed you this week. A new girl came to stitch 'n bitch, Shante (sp?), a very new knitter, I hope she'll join us again.
I always buy my needles that as I need for each project. It would be nice to have a set of everything though, I'm waiting on a project because I haven't gotten the needles yet. Sometimes I have to buy extra sets of needles because I have a habit of dropping needles on the subway track! ha ha.
Take care, hope things work out alright w/ your co-worker.
Post a Comment
<< Home