michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Oh, hi there

So, I haven't been blogging lately because I think my vacation time got me out of my every day blogging schedule, and I just haven't been knitting as much as a couple of months ago. Though that changed a couple of days ago.

I'm now in the middle of 3 projects! The first, the staff shrug that I have very little interest in, the second, a keyhole scarf that's a gift, and third, rowan calmer legwarmers that are all for me! I keep going back and forth between the projects, working on them in spurts.

Today is the day I'm supposed to "reveal" myself to my secret pal (Hi!) I've always been someone who is on the one hand pretty outgoing and on the other hand extremely shy, so revealing myself at all online (in this blog) has been both fun and strange for me. I remember how I thought I was only writing for myself and all of a sudden I started getting comments, and I'm like "Hmm, wait a minute, this changes everything!"

I'm wondering how much of myself I actually reveal in this blog, anyway, I haven't filled out my profile, I've included very few pictures of myself, I mostly talk about knitting and very little personal stuff. My web personality is pretty limited to what I want it to be. I'm realizing this is in many ways almost a retro conversation I'm having with myself (and you, actually), since most people went through this and made their peace with it years ago.

One of the best things about having a blog has been having and being a secret pal. I really loved picking things out based on what I felt I knew about Stephanie, guessing at some and going with my gut on others. I hope it's been fun for you, too.

And I loved the package I got from my secret pal -- all things I can't wait to break into and use. I already have a possible project in mind for the lovely pink and orange yarn.

In the interest of "revealing" myself, here is a picture...



It's a few years old (I have different glasses (red), shorter hair, I lost that scarf a few years ago, I probably look a little older, I live in a different city), but it's me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I found you! You've been such a great secret pal. When I get my Calmer legwarmers done, I'll have to send you a picture.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger Robyn Wade said...

Which staff shrug are you working on? I am buying the yarn for the ribbed shrug today, it is going to be my alternate clapotis project.I am hoping that it will come out nice enough to wear over the black dress that I have to wear in my friend's wedding (obviously I wouldn't wear the shrug in the actual wedding.) The pattern seems super simple so it should be great for the plane ride to and from LA. I'm glad you're posting again.

Saturday, September 03, 2005 8:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm working on the first one from IK Summer 2005. It's coming out pretty nice, and I think I'll like it when I'm done, I'm just not excited about it, for whatever reason. I keep starting other projects instead of finishing it. But I think I'll finish it on the way home from Boston tomorrow. I'm using the yarn it calls for (in limon), and it's nice and shiny. But I've heard about one in Rowan Calmer, and well, I can't say enough about how lovely it is.

Saturday, September 03, 2005 5:34:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I forgot to say that I was the anonymous poster. I was rushing when I was writing (I was in Boston), so I didn't log in.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 10:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home