michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Back again

Back again after our Maine trip which of course was really beautiful and lots of fun. I was happy to find New York not as dreadfully hot and gross as I left it, though that might just be today.

Hmmm, on the knitting front, I finished the hat in Southwest Harbor, Maine, with the help of the owner of the Lilac Lily, a nice shop in town (I left Last Minute Knitted Gifts at home!). It was my first time using dpns, too (I bought them there), and it wasn't too bad, even though I was really winging it the whole time and only learned how to use them "properly" after I was done. I ended up really liking knitting in the round with the circular needles once things loosened up.

The one thing about the hat is that I have one extra eyelet than I need so I'm thinking of either leaving it there (it's sort of covered by the bow) or sewing it together. What would you do?

I had abandoned the staff shrug, but I did a few more rows today, and I'll probably do a few more when I meet up with Dede and Jen and everyone else later.

It will take me a while until I post pictures (Aaron has the camera and will be gone for about a week).

I'd love to still be on vacation (even though I still am, I mean really away), though it's nice enough today that I'm kind of excited to be back, too. Just a little bit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Michelle! I couldn't send you an email as you didn't leave an email address on my blog, but I'd love to see your photos and talk to you about Oregan and Washington! My email is annadh at gmail.com.

Thanks for your comments!

Anna

Friday, August 26, 2005 4:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home