michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Not much blogging or knitting

I really haven't been posting very much lately, not because I've been extremely busy (I'm still on vacation, just at home) but because I really haven't been doing much knitting. Finally on Thursday I did some, though not much, at Harlem SnB, but it was more of a time to hang out with some new people than to really get much done. Dede was there, and it was nice to see her and her husband and Shane again. But the new people that I met, friends of Dede's who were mostly non-knitters, were really fun. There was a new person who was actually there for the Stitch n Bitch, Jen, and she just moved here from Seattle! She was making a facecloth out of cotton chenille. It was a nice night, and I look forward to seeing them all again. Oh, and I look forward to seeing your finished sweater and your emerging blog, Dede!

I did knit last night a little, too. AA was watching baseball, and I was just puttering around doing other stuff when I remembered that I often used to knit when he watched baseball. Since knitting didn't fit in to our hiking/camping vacation too much, I've been forgetting when I used to fit in time to knit. So, I knit a little more on the staff shrug, which I haven't been so excited about, though people on Thursday had such nice stuff to say about it that it made me feel much better about the project. I would like to get started on legwarmers and armwarmers, though. Those projects are calling to me more, though I do just want to finish the shrug so I'll have some time to wear it. My father's birthday is on Tuesday, and it looks like I'm going to have to buy him a real gift, since the scarf I was making for him turned out too feminine (so it's for me!).

I'm on my way out to see the Werner Herzog documentary, Grizzly Man, about the man and his girlfriend who were doing research on the grizzlies in Alaska and got killed by one in 2003. This is the third of three documentaries that he recently put out, and this is the one I am most excited about. If I bring my knitting with me, maybe I'll do some on the subway. It's been almost a month since I've knit on the subway!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

Hey Michelle, you won my contest! E-mail me your address and I'll send the book out to you tomorrow.

Thanks for the moving tips!

Monday, August 15, 2005 2:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home