michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

On the knitting front, a little bit of shrug and a lot of reading about knitting more than knitting itself. This keeps happening.

Oh, but I did start a new project...the Children's Cotton Hat from Last Minuted Knitted Gifts (the book my M and D bought me about a month or so ago). It's for my baby cousin, Lilia, and if I finish it before I start something else, it will be 1) my first hat 2) my first project knitting in the round. So far, so good, though I'm having trouble with the tightness I feel in my hands when I'm knitting in the round. I'm using the right size needle and length, so I'm not sure what it is other than not being used to it. It's not because I'm a tight knitter, oh no, it's not that.

I tried to use the needles to make legwarmers first (out of Rowan Calmer), but the 16" were too long for the amount of stitches (it called for 12"), and now I see why. That was tight.

After spending a small amount of time trying to figure out how to move some pictures from the Kodak Picture Gallery to my blog, I gave up. Then I thought maybe I'd start over, but the whole problem I had in the first place when making the gallery is trying to pick just a few pictures and not being able to. At all. So, if you'd like to see our pictures, leave me a comment (with your email if I don't already have it), and I'll send you an invitation to see the photos. There are a lot, but that's because I was just so impressed with everything I saw and really just so truly happy to be there. You, of course, are free to skim through and see as little or as much as you like of them.

But I won't get to that until a week from now because by tonight this blog will be silent once again as we are going to Acadia National Park in Maine for a few days. This will be our third summer there, and I'm really excited to see some things we never got the chance to do as well as visit our old favorite places. Aaron said he still wakes up in the middle of the night and thinks "What campsite are we at?" We took the bus to my parents' house yesterday, picked up their car (yes!), and drove it back to the city. If all goes well, we leave in about an hour.

Oh, one more thing. It's my father's birthday today, and it looks like I'm not going to be giving him a knitted gift after all. I'm almost having trouble remembering what kind of gifts you can give if you don't make it yourself, and it hasn't been that long. I have until the 22nd to figure this out, since this is when I see him next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home