2nd secret pal package!
So... I was in Boston last weekend, and I gave my cousin Lisa the cotton baby hat for my little cousin Lilia. I don't know if this is a common thing for babies (she's 7 1/2 mo.), but when we put the hat on, she'd immediately fling it off, but when they brought her in front of the mirror and made a to do about putting on the hat, almost ceremoniously, she happily wore it and looked adorable! Like the best baby. Ever.
I was beginning to wonder about my last secret pal package, as I looked on other blogs and saw them describing their last packages and who their secret pals were, but last night I received my second and last secret pal package. As suspected from earlier on, my secret pal's name is Stacey and she is from Massachusetts, and unfortunately that is all I know since she didn't include her blog address. Stacy, who are you and where can I find you?????
Ok, on to the gifts. In the package was, 2 hanks of 100% cotton yarn, 1 white and 1 a cozy lavendar color. Next 2 balls of blue yarn (this is a color that my co-worker is really into, so I think it will go into something for her). A bag of wooden beads, some really neat and angular shapes (I see wooden earrings in my future...). Some super excellent paper that has two of my favorite things -- the seahorse (I mentioned it in my questionnaire!!) and the hoolahoop! I can't wait to use it. And last, but not least, Stacy bought me Vice Cream, this excellent recipe book for vegan ice creams. I love ice cream just as much as the next person, and I get sad some times about the fun types of ice cream I miss (this is when I don't have any of the Soy Delicious Purely Decadent around), and this book gives me great ideas on different combinations and flavors. Oooh yum.
On a different subject, Aaron told me today about a place that has soy soft serve in NYC. We've only had it in Oregon, and it was dreamy, so I'm really excited and can't wait to check it out!
I've been working for two days but tomorrow is my first official real day back at school. I got a bit of knitting done since I was able, along with Olga, to knit during the staff meetings. The legwarmer is coming along nicely, though there is a decent size mess up right at the time when people were talking about things that stressed me out and I lost track of my work and dropped a few stitches. I'm too tired to think straight from all the moving of furniture and boxes so I think I'll go now.






2 Comments:
Vice Cream is on my cookbook shopping list! We don't get the good stuff like you have over here, just some quite dull ice cream that costs a fortune!
Anna
Didn't want to publish my "identity" until I was sure you got the package! :) My blog is: onandofftheneedles.blogspot.com
Glad you liked it!!!!
stacey
Post a Comment
<< Home