I'm up too early!!!
Ok, so it was bound to happen. Last week we were both upset when a friend/co- worker either woke us up or stopped by too early on both days of last weekend. Urgh... This weekend was supposed to be different. Do you know how long I have been up since? 5:45 a.m!! I keep trying to go back to sleep, but I'm not tired. In fact, I'm the most awake at this time than I have been all week. It looks like I'm going to be falling asleep at Jasmin's party tonight, though.
Some knitting stuff is that...I didn't make it to stitch n bitch this week, and I'm hoping it's just this week and not the way things are going to be now that school started. I actually got out on Wednesday, and we saw Late Autumn/The End of Summer by Yasujiro Ozu at MOMA. It was a really great film overall and I love any Ozu movie, but what was best was the Hitchcock/birds theme at the end (it came out in 1961 -- just a year after Psycho). But on Thursday after the rains and laundry and etc. and watching a little of Ted Koppell and falling asleep on the couch in the middle, I was never going to make it out. And I missed it. A lot.
Oh, but I received 2 packages in the mail -- one from yarn market with the 4 ply cotton for the Vintage Knits short sleeved wavy sweater and one from purl with the classic elite bamboo for the Vintage Knits long sleeved button sweater. I'm excited to start both, though I don't know which will come first. I thought I'd get to pick up the needles for these projects this week, but Monday was a long staff meeting. Tuesday we had the national honor society meeting, and then Nohemi and I went out to Candle Cafe for caesar salads and peach crumble. Wednesday was Ozu, Thursday was rain and sleep, and Friday was happy hour at Rory's and there were TONS of teachers there. Tonight it's Jasmin's and today is probably going to be Broken Flowers, but I'd like a needle stop to fit in there somewhere.
Have I mentioned that Olga and I want to teach the students to knit? I was thinking oh 10 or so will be interested and it will be an intimate group. I have a list of about 40 names, and we haven't even gone to all the classes, yet. I need to rethink this since I don't think I could handle teaching more than a very small group how to knit at a time. But I love how much interest there is. I did have time to teach Jessica, my principal's daughter, how to knit yesterday. But it was a really quick lesson, and I don't think it stuck (yet).
I haven't done as much knitting as I'd like this week because I'm back to reading on the subway (not even my own reading but a book for school). That has to change, otherwise I'll have only one legwarmer for a long time.
Maybe I'll try to go back to sleep one more time, though I doubt it will work.






2 Comments:
You have to tell me how you like the clasic elite bamboo, I really want to order it, but I am a little scared.
Oh, I can already tell you!!!!
It's d r e a m y soft.
I made my branching out scarf out of the bamboo in "citrine." I never took a picture of the finished product, but there's a picture of the beginning of the project somewhere in May. It's made of tons of thin strands but they seem to stay together quite well. It was really nice to work with -- no problems.
Really, I think it's the stuff vegan yarn dreams are made of.
Post a Comment
<< Home