My first meme
I'm It! So, Robyn tagged me for the wine and food meme called basic juice. Now my basic juice is orange, and if we're going all out, strawberry pineapple. I might have the least wine knowledge of most of the adults I know. I like red wine. White wine usually gives me a headache. I don't know why. I like sweeter but not too sweet. I don't like too sharp because then I have to drink it much slower. One glass is usually enough to do the trick. I'm sure you know what that trick is.
Anyway, there really is only one wine that ever touched me in any way. It's Andrew's Hope pinotage 2001, it's from South Africa, and I had my first glass at Meskerem, an ethiopian restaurant on MacDougal near Bleeker. I think the veggie combo at this or any ethiopian restaurant is about as good as it gets. Pairing this meal with a glass of this wine is just the icing on the cake. I ordered 3 bottles from some place on line, and I just gave away one as a gift (to Jasmin for her birthday last week), so I only have one left. I will get more, I hope.
To keep this going, I am going to tag three people. Yeah, just try and stop me.
1) Dede, a budding wine enthusiast
2) Anna, so we can find out what they are eating and drinking in the UK
3) Vania, so that no one in the vegan knitting circle is left out of the meme excitement.
Enjoy.






4 Comments:
Three people? Wow, you are a rebel.
I noticed your staff shrug is almost finished, I can't wait to see it.
Hmmm. I'm not sure if the meme police will allow this.. But hey let's go nuts :)
Thanks for feeding the meme. I've added you to the Basic Juice Meme list
I'm, tagged, so... what do I do now? just post my favorite wine in 30 days?
um, I guess just do what I did, if I did it right, which was talk about your favorite food and wine pairing. I think it was supposed to be from the last month, but I didn't do that since I don't drink wine too much. You, on the other hand, have more experience in the area so I await what you have to say!
Sick, so a pretty uneventful Sat. evening. How bout you?
Post a Comment
<< Home