I ran out of yarn

Pattern: All Tied Up by Susan Sternlieb
Yarn: Fonty Velourine in Goldenrod (546)
I'll be ordering one more ball from Fuzzy Mabel next week. Though I don't know what else I'd order to make the shipping worth it. I really didn't want to buy any more yarn until at least the end of this month, but this is a gift for Aaron so that has to make it different.
Last time I made this tie (check June 7, 2005 "Father's Day Tie Finished" in the archives -- I can't figure out what the direct link to that entry is. I thought I knew how to do that), I used one ball, but I also used size 5s as the pattern suggested. This time, I used size 1s (!) to make a tighter knit tie (though it's actually still not so tightly knit) and added three stitches to the width, which is why I ran out of yarn.
I'm not sure what my next project will be while I wait for the yarn. I will sew the sweater together one day soon. Other ideas are: something warm for Aaron, something warm for myself, something warm for a new friend, or a third pair of legwarmers.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home