michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

One week, One sleeve

Not too much knitting this week, even though I had Columbus Day and Yom Kippur off from school, though it's not because I've done a ton of work either. I've been sick on and off, and when it's off, I still haven't felt like knitting. THIS week, however, is the end of the marking period, so I'm going to need to focus and finish up all of my work work (and put the knitting work on hold). So even less knitting happens this week.

I knew that it would only take me about an hour more to finish up the sleeve I started last week and have mostly been neglecting, so I put in Harold and Maude, and watched. And finished. Here it is.



My first sleeve

Other things I've been up to...

Eating dosas (from NY Dosas) in Washington Square Park


mmm dosas


Sharing a coconut in Tompkins Square Park


Reading The Onion at St. Mark's Church


Buying ingredients for salsa and nacho "cheese" at Commodities


Making and assembling vegan nachos! (tortilla chips, refried beans, salsa (made by me), nacho "cheese" (made by Aaron), and avocado on top -- yum!)

Also, I'm making good progress on my corduroy wrap skirt. Class was Thursday, and I'm almost done with sewing on the ties. I think the main things left are the finishing of seams and what not. Though I'm not exactly a natural at it, and I keep on having to rip out and start over (usually cause fabric I'm not supposed to sew gets sewn to the part I am sewing!), I really enjoy it. I'd like to get my own machine someday and get the time to really practice.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love your spice rack! I've gotten really into herbs and spices since going Vegan, have tons of them now in little jars! I use the same EV Olive Oil as you too! lol

Those nachos looked FAB, does Aaron use a publishes recipe? I've been cooking from the Uncheese Cookbook recently and enjoying it a lot! I'd love the recipe for your nachos though, I never ate them often but my sister and BIL had some at a family meal out the other week and I really really want some now! lol

Your Calmer Collection seems to be being joined by other bits and pieces so I will get the package out this week when I'm done adding to it! Do you mind a half balls of yarn? I thought I could put in stuff that you could swatch with so you don't have to buy a whole ball yourself. If you don't want it lmk and I will stick it back in the swatching basket!

Well done on the sleeve, that's fast knitting!

Should have emailed you really!

Monday, October 17, 2005 5:27:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

oooh, thanks! I love spices! The recipe that Aaron used for the nachos is adapted from a recipe we found online. I'll email it to you later (I'm rushing off to work). And thanks again for the calmer collection, and of course extra balls are ok -- I can't wait!

Monday, October 17, 2005 7:16:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Something's wrong with blogger comments... (testing)

Monday, October 17, 2005 7:54:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

mmm dosas. mmm nachos. you are making my stomach growl.

i haven't been in the mood for knitting either, what's wrong with me? i have a bunch of gifts to make before christmas, too. hopefully the muse will hit me soon!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

oooh, the food looks so so good. (and the sleeves looks great too!)

Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:34:00 AM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

Those dosas look fabulous! Now I have dosas on the brain.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:17:00 PM  
Blogger vania said...

hey, totally of topic (though i love your blog) as one blogger user and vegan knitter to another, how did you get to post the Vegan Knitters icon/button and have all that wonderful space on your sidebar? i am having so much difficulty with posting on my sidebar. i hate it! i have the vegan knitters icon saved as a url but i don't know what to do with it now. can you help? write me at veganvania[at]yahoo[dot]ca. no pressure but i'm counting on you!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey you! Looks like you've been knitting by the WIP icons but long time no hear!

Hope you're well!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:50:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm doing fine -- just been busy with grades and what not, though that's been over for a few days so I don't know what my current excuse is. I'm going to think about that one! Maybe it's that I haven't been taking pictures and I like posts with pictures? I hope to get around to posting tonight (pictures and all). Thanks for thinking of me!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 5:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home