michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Jim Jarmusch

We were walking up 6th Ave, about to cross and turn left onto W. 4th St., when we saw Jim Jarmusch.

Well, I saw him. Aaron didn't see him in time. This is even though I tugged at his arm. I couldn't explain what that meant quickly enough.

He had to remind me that I don't even like Jim Jarmusch anymore.

Well, since Broken Flowers. That movie could have been a lot better.

Though it wasn't terrible.

Anyway, I'm kinda smitten by celebrities.

Not in an obsessive way, but just that my face becomes all aglow, and I just stare in the direction as I watch Jim Jarmusch and his tall and lanky, shock-of-white-haired self walking down the street.

And, well, he is a film maker. And I did like Ghost Dog and The Year of the Horse and Mystery Train and Down by Law.

Did I see Stranger than Paradise? I think I did, though I don't remember it.

I never did see Dead Man.

The premise behind Coffee and Cigarrettes didn't excite me at all.

I'm like "Aaron don't we have a camera?"

And Aaron says, "We're not paparazzi."

And I say "It's not like we have to be a part of the paparazzi union just to take his picture. We could ask him." (I'm probably thinking about the concept of "the union" a lot because we're in the United Federation of Teachers (UFT) and they just negotiated for a really lousy contract. Perhaps I'll write more about that some other time).

By that point, Jim Jarmusch has walked several blocks away and so have we.

p.s. I finished the second Flower Bud legwarmer, by the way. I'm wearing them (both) right now. Perhaps you'll get a picture when I wear them out, but for now, you can look at the previous post and pretend I'm wearing two legwarmers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I think I saw Jim Jarmusch in the soho once too! "Obscure" celebrity sightings in NY are the best. And I highly recommend Dead Man.

Monday, October 31, 2005 7:44:00 AM  
Blogger Robyn Wade said...

OMG, I would have peed my pants!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home