michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Here's the Flower Bud Legwarmers pattern!

Flower Bud Legwarmers



materials: us 8, 12" circular needle (plastic clover); 2 balls rowan calmer (tinkerbell)
CO 53 stitches

Join for working in the round.
k1p1 rib for 20 rows. (the first and last stitch will both be knit stitches)
Begin pattern ("Flower Buds" from Reader's Digest The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches):
1st row (RS): k3, *yo, k2, p3tog, k2, yo, k1; rep form * to last 2 sts, k2
2nd row: KNIT
rep the last 2 rows twice more
7th row: k2, p2tog, *k2, yo, k1, yo, k2, p3tog; rep from * to last 9 sts,
k2, yo, k1, yo, k2, p2tog, k2
8th row: KNIT
rep the last 2 rows twice more.
Rep these 12 rows for 8 pattern repeats.
k2tog 7 times (spread this evenly through the round). 46 stitches.
k1p1 rib for 15 rows. Bind off.



4 Comments:

Blogger Robyn Wade said...

I am definately going to make a pair of those when I finish my current pair. I don't have your mailing or email addy so send it to me and I'll mail you that book. My email is veganknitter@gmail.com.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:23:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

beautiful! and you are adorable.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 9:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting that pattern! That's definitely what I'm going to do with the Calmer you sent me. I was telling my mom about them and almost told her to add that book to my Christmas wish list.

Friday, November 04, 2005 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah for legwarmers! Thanks so much for the kind words everyone! One thing I was thinking about though...If I were to make these again, I think I'd have k2p2 rib at the tops and bottoms. I think it's stretchier and holds a little better at the top than the k1p1 rib. But it's best to just try them out on _your_ leg and see how it works. Show me when you're done!

Saturday, November 05, 2005 1:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home