michelleknits

My name is Michelle, and I knit. This is me, knitting. Well, it's not me, it's my blog. Yes, this is my blog. And I knit. I'm learning more every day. Well, not every day but most days. Oh, and I'm vegan. I like it that way.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Lantern Moons

Didja know that Lantern Moons come from Portland? I didn't! The guy who developed them, Bruce, showed up to Close Knit last night, and he had needles to try out! First, I tried the rosewood with the palm wood tops. Oooh la la! I remember thinking a while ago that if I ever bought Lantern Moons, I'd want straights, but then I tried the circulars! The rosewood is very smooth and light (but not too light) and fast and the joins were real neato (they kind of pivot, if that makes any sense) with nice cords!

We were talking with Bruce and somehow he ended up getting called a needle pusher. Perhaps he called himself this? I don't know. But I wish I could exchange some of my kinky/stinky-cord circs for some of these!

I couldn't buy any then, but I wouldn't want to anyway until I do a long-overdue inventory of my knitting needles, what sizes and lengths I have and which ones I need. But it's cool to know that he's in the neighborhood! It would be super cool to have a pair of these needles, for sure.

4 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

hmm, i didn't realize that they made circular needles! that's pretty cool. i have no need for straights. i never use them.

Friday, December 01, 2006 8:08:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

yeah, every once in a while i like to knit with straights cause it feels very old school. it's mostly circs for me, too!

p.s. i can always count on you to comment when no one else will! thanks! :)

Friday, December 01, 2006 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

Those are beautiful Needles! I knit with circulars most of the time too.

ps. I know how you feel when your only friend comments on your blog! (lol)I have one myself.

Candice

Friday, December 01, 2006 6:29:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Nothing like some fancy knitting needles to make a girl feel special. Those needles are beautiful - someday I'll treat myself to a pair, though I'd probably go for the straights.

Saturday, December 02, 2006 5:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home