Thanks for vegan pals!
These last few days post-thanksgiving have been really simple. Hanging around on the couch, cuddling, listening to music, peering out the windows to stare up at the sky, yep. Jammies all day. Today could have been the same, but Blue and Ankur called us to see if we wanted to go eat at Vita. Um, yeah!


On our way home, I picked up some more things for my vegan swap pal, and then I proceeded to put everything I was sending together to see what I had and what more I needed to add. I was thinking on the concept of vegan pal real hard the whole time I was handling the items and preparing the package. Then, a knock at the door, and there's a package for ME!
It was from Hannah, a vegan and crafter with crazy baking skills! Honestly, if she had just sent that sweet card, it would have been enough. (p.s. You inspire me, too!) BUT BUT, she sent me loot!

the loot: painted tea pot and cup with strawberries and bunnies, homemade chocolate raspberry fudge, 2 vintage sewing patterns (one for a house dress, one for an apron), a bunny magnet, and a sweet card!
There was a bit of a mishap with the fudge, as sugar seeped out of the tray and onto the pattern envelopes, but soon after this picture was taken, I cut out the pictures on the front and freed the patterns from their envelopes, discarding the backs. Saved! The fudge: WOH. When I tried to think of a word to describe it, my eyes rolled into the back of my head, if that says anything. In the words of Aaron: "This is pure chocolate, I mean, pure chocolate and sugar, I can't speak straight, my body is recovering from the shock." Yep, that sensational! And I'm beyond excited to get sewing on those patterns. Thanks, Hannah!
Vanessa's about to come over for more crafting, though I've got beads and wire everywhere, and I'm worried about little Enoch getting into something, so I gotta go.
Happy Saturday, dear internet!






12 Comments:
Awesome package!
Oh I'm so sorry about the bad job packing the fudge! I just knew something was bound to go wrong... I was in such a hurry to get the package in the mail while the fudge was still at optimum freshness... Blarg. I really hope you liked it all anyways!
Oh, don't feel bad at all! I LOVED the package and everything in it!!!! Tea pot! (I love tea!) Vintage patterns (I love sewing and I love everything vintage and old!) Adorable magnet! (You should see how many magnets I have on my fridge!!) And fudge! Of course you done good!!! I was able to preserve everything so all is great! Thank you so much!!!
What a great package - vintage patterns are such a wonderful treat! I can't wait to get mine, and i'm mailing mine off this week!
What a cool package! The apron pattern looks awesome! And I love the teapot, total cuteness! :)
your blog always makes me hungry. except that i ate so much this weekend, i'm not sure i'll ever eat again.
thank you for the call last week! i was already in the office and dealing with nonsense. glad to see all is well!
oh my god, that fudge looks AWESOME! so jealous! as does that apron pattern :) the picture of the woman is so funny. she looks like her waist is, oh, maybe 10 inches around. love the 50s!
Such a great package, Michelle and Hannah! I can totally hear Aaron says "I can't speak straight, my body is recovering from the shock." :D
mmmmm.... Vita.... I tell everyone about the Chicken Fried Tempeh....
Blue had the chicken fried steak! AA had the BLT, Ankur had the corn cakes. Me, I HAD to have my biscuits and gravy! I guess eveyone has their things!!!!
What a great package! You have a super-cool vegan pal! I love those patterns.
Making my way through the posts I missed over the holiday . . . what a sweet package. Sometimes those swaps are a big disappointment, but you lucked out with such a thoughtful pal. And I don't know what you ate at Vita, but it looks delicious! And I'll have to tell you about the vegan pizza I tried last week at Positive Pie! You'd love it!
great stuff from your vegan pal! loving the vintage patterns....
Post a Comment
<< Home